• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Hello all, I will make a thread everyday until we have determined the top 30 prospects according to Leaf fans on HFBoards.

Rankings:

1. Timothy Liljegren -- 78.7%
2. Andreas Johnsson -- 86.2%
3. Carl Grundstrom -- 49.6%
4. Rasmus Sandin -- 86.2%
5. Sean Durzi -- 26.8%
6. Jeremy Bracco -- 31.3%
7. Yegor Korshkov -- 40.1%
8. Calle Rosen -- 36.8%
9. Pierre Engvall -- 34.6%
10. Joseph Woll -- 30.5%

Filip Kral
Dmytro Timashov
Dakota Joshua
Miro Aaltonen
Fedor Gordeev
Riley Stotts
Mason Marchment
Igor Ozhiganov
Eemeli Rasanen
Mac Hollowell
Adam Brooks
Semyon Der-Arguchintsev
Vladislav Kara
Jesper Lindgren
Trevor Moore

Martins Dzierkals
Kasimir Kaskisuo
JD Greenway
Nikolai Chebykin
Andrew Nielsen
Ian Scott
Ryan McGregor
Ryan O'Connell
Pontus Holmberg
Zach Bouthillier
Semyon Kizimov
Eamon McAdam

Suggest who I should add next. :D

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Rasanen currently has 100% of the vote. That's an overwhelming majority. Time to move onto the next one :sarcasm:

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Voted Rasanen. Really should be a top 10 prospect but what do I know. Proud to see Engvall starting to get some love around here. Never thought he would get to the top 10 but just based on the speed he showed in the Allsvenskan you knew he was going to get places.

Scott, Nielsen and Kaskisuo without a doubt should be the next three on the docket. After that, you could probably just go down the list in order.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Jesper Lindgren.

Elite Prospects has him on the Marlies this season?

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
SDA is by far my favourite here. I vote based on potential/up-side and this kid by far has the best out of the remaining guys.

Reactions: Phion Keneuf

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Does Andreas Borgman count as a prospect since he was sent down and likely will be down next season with the Marlies?

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Went with Rasanen, but I think Gordeev, Brooks and Timashov aren't far behind.

Also, my biggest hope is that SDA shoots up this list by this time next year.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
The system has an awful lot of mid-range prospects. It looks to me like much of the 11-30 is going to make the NHL in some capacity.

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
Voted Brooks but quite a few guys could go here. I expect Brooks to take a significant step next year. I think they will try to keep the Marchment-Brooks-Moore line intact.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Tier 1
1) RD Liljegren <- Top end talent, well rounded player, fills a positional need
2) LD Sandin <- Thinks the game well, seems to be an overall solid player
3) LD Dermott <- Look at Sandin. Sandin's U18 year was better than Dermott's
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Tier 2
3) LD Borgman <- Showed signs of being a VERY good player last season. With more confidence and NA experience, could be our next Kronwall.
3) LW Grundstrom <- Knack for the net, sticking with the Red-winged theme, a 'Holmstrom/Franzen hybrid'.
4) RW Kapanen <- Definite NHLer at this point, but is he a great 3rd line guy, or will he be better than that?
4) LW Johnsson <- Same as Kapanen, really.
5) LW/RW Korshkov <- Really undervalued here IMHO. Similar caliber prospect to Kapanen and Johnsson
6) RD Rasanen <- Based on upside more than anything. He is still very much a boom/bust prospect in my eyes.
7) G Woll <- This year was a little bit of a 'set back', but nothing to be concerned about. Lets see if he 'rebounds'.
8) RD Durzi <- Had a very solid year. Is getting overlooked by some because he was an overager.

Tier 3
9) LD Kral <- Borderline Tier 2... I think he could develop into a Dermott calliber prospect.
10) LW Engvall <- Starting to look like he has a good shot at the NHL as a depth peice. Speed and size is a good combo.
11) RW Bracco <- Honestly, this is a bit high for me... but there seems to be a lot of Bracco love here, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.
12) LD Gordeev <- Like Engvall, speed and size is there. I really hope he takes another step forward this season.
13) C Der-Arguchintsev <- Good skillset, very much a boom/bust prospect.
14) C Stotts <- A little more safer bet than SDA, but doesn't have the same potential IMO.
15) LD Rosen <- Very solid season with the Marlies. Deserves an NHL shot next season. Could be a solid 3rd pair guy.
16) LW/RW Chebykin <- Could be ranked even higher. Seems to be developing well in Russie.
17) C/W Kara <- Same as Chebykin.
18) RD Ozhiganov <- I actually really like this signing, and think he could potentially be better than Connor Carrick
19) RD Lindgren <- Has always been this 'untapped potential' guy. Really intrigued to see how he develops in NA.
20) C Joshua <- Overlooked a little bit. Seems to have a little setback this season, but still a good prospect.
21) G Scott <- Stuck on a poor team, he appears to have the tools to be a good goaltender.
22) G Zach Bouthillier <- Still don't know much about him, similar boat to Scott I'd think.
23) LD O'Connell <- In some ways, I view O'Connell the same way I do Lindgren. There could be something there, we'll just wait and see.
24) LW Timashov <- Still a fan of Timashov, and he could have a Johnsson type development progression. Johnsson was still in the SHL two seasons ago...
25) C/LW Holmberg <- A Bergman pick, this guy in all likelihood will rise on our prospect charts in future years.
26) RD Hollowell <- Seems to be highly regarded by out scouting staff, I'll give him a benefit of the doubt.
27) C Brooks <- Still quite young, I think there is still 'Bozak' potential in Brooks. Bozak was a freshman in college during his U22 season.
28) LD Greenway <- Slipping down our depth chart, but he's still a nice prospect to have in our organization.

Tier 4
29) LW Moore <- Talent is there, but I don't see how he makes it on our team. Won't be surprised if another team lacking prospect depth picks Moore up.
30) LW Marchment
31) RW Kizimov
32) C Aaltonen <- Solid player, largely goes down my list due to no longer staying in NA.
33)G Kasimir Kaskisuo
34) LD Andrew Nielsen <- Big faller for me, doesn't seem to have the ability to get the footspeed needed for the NHL
35) C Ryan McGregor
36) LW Martins Dzierkals
37)G Eamon McAdam

Reactions: stymie

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Went with Brooks. For me it's always a combination of upside and how close they are. Rasanen has more upside, but still has a long way to go and didn't have the best year, whereas we've seen some nice improvements from Brooks in the last year.

Gorodeev is coming up on my list too.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
I said Raasen because of team needs. A big bodied RHD with a little bit of snarl in his game is exactly what the Leafs need.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
He may not be the safe bet, but from the remaining list SDA appears to have the highest upside. He's 17, if he gains some height and weight, could be Marner lite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad