Post-Game Talk: Leafs beat Coyotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Being at the game tonight you couldn’t imagine how fired up the crowd(and even the team started rolling) got after Reavo laid the big hit in the corner and then even more for his fight. You’d think he would recognize that and start doing that more often like why he was signed. He should give Rempe a shot early Saturday to get the boys going early
Yeah, but he was on the ice for Cooley's goal.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Don't think Team Canada will have a goaltending advantage against the Fins, Swedes, Russia and States.
Whatever the goalie, it will an upgrade on Campbell or Samsonov vs Price, Vasy and Bobrovsky no? He'll all three of those last guys are all world goalies and the other 2 crapped out of the league in the last 6 months while still in their primes. (And I do hope Samsonov has found his stride as ww need him to keep stepping up.)

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I stopped watching after I lost count of the number of no-look back passes. I'm glad it worked for Marner on the first goal, but come on. That stuff needs to stop.
Mitch looked back and dropped the puck perfectly.

I hate all the drop passes on the PP, but that was fine.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Glad you see Woll back.

Second and fourth lines good, first ok, third bad.

Good to see Matty score - great wait and pass by Willy.

Great look and drop by Mitch on the Knies goal.

Reactions: Al14

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
In a surprising twist of fate, the Leafs are now 7-1 against bottom 5 teams in their past 8.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Bert getting hot for the stretch into the playoffs is really good. Need him confident when those tough playoff games come around, he might really shine.

Also glad to see Woll back
Getting it going at just the right time, he’s going to be impactful come playoff time………

Mitch looked back and dropped the puck perfectly.

I hate all the drop passes on the PP, but that was fine.
That was about as perfect a play as you could ask for……..

Reactions: notDatsyuk

horner

May 22, 2007
Glad for the win
but
When we are up by 3 goals we need to play a safe game

Marner and Rielly going for it a backhanded pass at the blueline and Rielly pinching.
It gave Arizona life at that point they had 11 shots.
We need to learn this or we are going know where in the playoffs .
Bertuzzi keep up the great work
Love the 4th line
Robertson had a really bad game

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
In a surprising twist of fate, the Leafs are now 7-1 against bottom 5 teams in their past 8.
I suspect their record against looks much different (i.e., better) later in the season compared to earlier. From memory, their losses against those kinds of teams are almost always earlier in the season.

That was about as perfect a play as you could ask for……..
Except that Knies clearly was not expecting the pass as he almost flubbed it. A second guy coming in like that is almost always thinking rebound rather than pass.

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
The good:
Woll
Reaves
Nylander
Marner
Bertuzzi (and I normally hate him)

The bad:
Giordano injury
Watching former Leaf, Kerfoot, score against them.

Reactions: Al14
Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Honestly thought we could've played a lot better.

I'm glad we got the win but there was a lot to be desired.

I know the Coyotes are garbage, but they've been playing ok lately and it's clear they're desperate as hell for a win. They outplayed Winnipeg and Montreal in their most recent losses, and put up a good fight vs the Leafs.

I think the Leafs will be better against NYR

Reactions: Leaf Rocket
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad