Leaf Gear Removed in Ottawa

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
We don't even need a discussion board with you around. ;)

p17Zs.gif

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
BonkTastic pretty much nailed the thread, but about Roots...

I haven't got any of their stuff in a while, as the girl is grown up now, but I seem to recall a LOT of their stuff has a maple leaf on it, or beavers, or other such symbols. Kinda makes sense to add another leaf to their array. Don't think they even saw it as a sports thing.

Last edited:

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
The location absolutely puts a damper on it. Game 3 of the finals was awesome. We won, we wanted to head downtown and continue the party....fast forward an hour and a half when we finally get there and its fizzled.

Its just frustrating. Wanna drink? Deal with the ****** OC transpo service. Hope you like standing between two big sweaty dudes for 45 minutes on the way home.

Want to drive? Welp, only a beer or two for you! I cant wait for our next arena, and hope its downtown. Its a shame that Im wasting my 20s having to go out the boonies to watch a game. Hell, as a STH for years now, its often difficult to even motivate yourself to go to a game in February when there is a snowstorm and they are playing Carolina. I mean, I have a 110" projector, and can call some friends and drink and eat better food and save a ton of money. If it was in a central location that would never be an issue.

Since when did the team move to North Gower?

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
While we're talking about fandom and to what extent some put themselves out there, here are two great books that worth a read.

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books...the+eternal+quest+for+sports+salv&ikwsec=Home

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books...trip+into+the+heart+of+fan+mania&ikwsec=Books

The first hits home pretty hard for me. As a life long Philadelphia Eagles fan, it's a hilarious and somewhat inspiring read. Philly fan is a unique beast....and pretty awesome.

This explains alot haha, i also torture myself yearly with this team, will have to check this book out!

Ohhh Franco

Jun 28, 2006
This explains alot haha, i also torture myself yearly with this team, will have to check this book out!

Ha, awesome!!! The current group of starters that they've trotted out there the last few weeks has been the worst group I've ever witnessed.

Yeah, it's a great read. Lots of funny and interesting stories!!!

Ralph Malfredsson

PhD in indiscreet street haggling
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2008
Big ups to Spencer Callaghan for supporting the team! I thought the way he handled it was great. Whatever Roots decided to do after was their call.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->