LD T.J. Brennan (2007, 31st, BUF; signed by TOR)

• Thread starter Rather Gingerly 1*
  • Start date

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.
Isn't he paid very well for an AHL player?

I think his value in the Marlies is recognised by the Leaf Brass and they'll hope to keep him there for the years ahead. He helps keep that team successful. Can only be a good thing for the young players.

Furthermore, having an elite AHL'er ensures that the kids don't just get an easy ride into the team, they've gotta complete.

Brooklanders*

Feb 26, 2012
Brennan is an awful skater and isn't good defensively. No the Islanders didn't give him a shot because he was absolutely brutal in training camp. The way people keep explaining MDC first experience with the big club it keeps reminding me of TJ Brennan. You root for the kid to succeed but he just doesn't grasp it and he doesn't have the toolset. I never saw this great shot either that was advertised mainly because he can't get it off in the NHL. And it's hard to score when you giveaway the puck to the opposing team.

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
The guy is awful defensively, causes to many turnovers and can be Virtanen-like in his ability to be susceptible to selfish penalties. The offense and his magnificent shot are his only endearing features.

Don't be blinded by his offense. This guy has a lot of warts in his game. He should not be in the NHL.
That's cute that you point that out, given that he's had a total of 7 penalties in the NHL so far (one being a fight and another being a double minor for high sticking). I know he only gets about 10 minutes of ice time a game, but he also sits 83rd in the league in PIM/60min. But hey, Canadian media paints a pretty clear picture based on one international tournament when the season prior, he only had two minor penalties in two more games.

*shrug*

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
That's cute that you point that out, given that he's had a total of 7 penalties in the NHL so far. I know he only gets about 10 minutes of ice time a game, but he also sits 83rd in the league in PIM/60min. But hey, Canadian media paints a pretty clear picture based on one international tournament when the season prior, he only had two minor penalties in two more games.

*shrug*

Brennan does have pretty low hockey IQ like Virtanen though, gonna have to agree with the dude on that one, and I'm a leafs fan :shakehead

Periwinkle

Apr 3, 2014
If he fails to secure a one-way contract, I can see him tearing up a league like NLA with great money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->