LD T.J. Brennan (2007, 31st, BUF; signed by TOR)

• Thread starter Rather Gingerly 1*
  • Start date

GNick42

Brennan

Where do you guys see T.J. Brennan being drafted? I would guess third round or so

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
I'm thinking anywhere from late 1st to late 2nd.

I saw him play a couple of times this season and read a lot about him, and really like his upside. He's great all-around and has a booming shot from the point, great hockey size too. IMO he's the complete package.

I have him ranked 28th.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
tons of upside is an understatement. remember hes only 2 years removed from tier-2 midget hockey. played his first year of midgets at the aa level in philadelphia. was asked to play little flyers jr a, who play in a league that is not as good as the ejhl or opjhl. now hes had a great rookie year in the q. already has an nhl shot. could be the steal of this draft.

jonwilliams

May 9, 2007
I'm from St.John's where T J playes he's had a great year he's phycial and has a rocket for a shot right now he is ranked to go 29 in the NHL draft but i'm not sure he will be taken in the 1st round.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
he has a sweet shot, i watched him play a lot this year. and in the series with quebec in early feb, he made angelo look dumb. If anybody watched those 2 games you would say brennan would go way before angelo, maybe even the same about kempe, but allard didnt play that great.

and if i could pick any playing style to compare him to, i would say souray or webber.

Canadienjet

Dec 7, 2006
I dunno if we will take him 22nd overall i predict he will go from 27-70th is a fair estimation.

turnbuckle*

Anyone seen Simon Lacroix play this year? I thought he looked pretty good in the games I saw him play. He doesn't have as hard a shot as Brennan, but he's a smart, reliable blueliner at first glance.

Sinistrophobia

Dec 3, 2006
TJ Brennan

Anyone have a scouting report of some kind on him?

I've heard he could go anywhere from the 2nd to 4th or 5th, but can't seem to find any legitimate info about him.

Thanks.

fan mao rong

Feb 6, 2003
port royal , pa
Visit site
Anyone have a scouting report of some kind on him?

I've heard he could go anywhere from the 2nd to 4th or 5th, but can't seem to find any legitimate info about him.

Thanks.
Well , if you haven't seen the series, now, on www.nhl.com called Countdown to Draft Day or something, there is quite alot on information, maybe some film (or maybe some on the other featured prospects, not him, can't recall).

hoppy

EK65
Jun 11, 2006
St. John's
This is what you're thinking of:
http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=307745

I only live a few minutes away from Mile One Stadium but I still don't get to catch him with the Fog Devils all that often.
Most reports basically say he's a surprising offensive defenseman who practically came out of no where and is now playing a big role in the Q, scoring the most points as a rookie dman. He also managed something like defensemen of the month if I remember correctly earlier on in the season.
Apparenty his wrist shot is amazing but I can't really shed any more light on him until next year when I see many more Fog Devils games.
Hopefully the Sens draft him so I can pay great attention to him.

I can imagine you see him ranked anywhere from 1rst to 4th round because different scouting teams value the unproven (over multiple seasons) or sudden stars more than others while the other scouts rank a more consistent and safe pick over his type.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad