LD Rasmus Dahlin - Frolunda HC, SHL (2018, 1st, BUF) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
oh poor you. Yeah you're right, the Rangers made the 2nd round last year but they definitely deserve it more than the Canucks. What ever would you do if your team was bad??? The league might end!

So you are a Canucks fan?

We have the unstable Vigneault coaching us, you know all about that. And he's coaching us right now, you haven't had that for a long time. Therefore, you should understand why we deserve to draft Dahlin.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Poor Ranger fans having to deal with one top-5 draft pick in 30 years. Maybe it has something to do with every Free Agent or deadline player wanting to play in 'the world's most famous arena'.

The teams that win Championships get to draft high in the draft, the teams that "contend" or are just out of contention are the teams that never rebuild and always have those players signing with them. I'd rather be bad for a few years, and have a real chance to win a Championship.

Reactions: LeetchisGod

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
The rangers have been bad plenty in the time that I've been a fan. Save it.

Oh cry me a river. They have not been THAT bad. Ranger fans are being overly dramatic about the 1-5-1 start. The Rangers have been in the playoffs 20 out of the past 29 seasons. They have a Stanley Cup and have made the playoffs 11 of the past 12 seasons. They have been no where near plenty bad for a majority of the time. The entitlement from your fan base is the most offensive thing."Our goaltender deserves a cup". Every big free agent HAS to sign with the Rangers. Every European free agent is always a possibility. You have constant sell outs regardless of the product on the ice. Money is never a problem. There is no talk of your team moving or leaving the area. Constant mainstream media coverage. Now your team deserves the #1 defensive prospect. Save it.

I do agree the Rangers should be sellers this season. Try and move Nash and Lundqvist to surprise contenders with cap space. Embrace the youth movement and hope for a high draft pick. Dump AV. Shestyorkin looks like the real deal and he should be ready in a couple seasons. The team is young and has many bright spots.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Oh cry me a river. They have not been THAT bad. Ranger fans are being overly dramatic about the 1-5-1 start. The Rangers have been in the playoffs 20 out of the past 29 seasons. They have a Stanley Cup and have made the playoffs 11 of the past 12 seasons. They have been no where near plenty bad for a majority of the time. The entitlement from your fan base is the most offensive thing."Our goaltender deserves a cup". Every big free agent HAS to sign with the Rangers. Every European free agent is always a possibility. You have constant sell outs regardless of the product on the ice. Money is never a problem. There is no talk of your team moving or leaving the area. Constant mainstream media coverage. Now your team deserves the #1 defensive prospect. Save it.

I do agree the Rangers should be sellers this season. Try and move Nash and Lundqvist to surprise contenders with cap space. Embrace the youth movement and hope for a high draft pick. Dump AV. Shestyorkin looks like the real deal and he should be ready in a couple seasons. The team is young and has many bright spots.
What is this entitlement that you speak of? A 54 year cup drought? Being the least successful original 6 team? Being one of the teams that supposedly had the best shot to get Crosby and ending up with Marc Staal? What exactly are you talking about?

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
What is this entitlement that you speak of? A 54 year cup drought? Being the least successful original 6 team? Being one of the teams that supposedly had the best shot to get Crosby and ending up with Marc Staal? What exactly are you talking about?

I've been around Ranger fans my whole life. It's the same entitlement Yankee fans have except they don't achieve the same success. You just proved the sense of entitlement in the missing out on Crosby statement. 29 teams missed out on Crosby. 5 teams finished lower than the Rangers in overall points. Why did Phoenix not deserve Crosby? They have been a miserable team with 3 top 5 picks in 20 years. And you should be happy with Staal because he most other teams did not draft an all-star that year. Going back to Winnipeg Phoenix has a 37 year Cup drought and is constantly on the verge of being moved.

Reactions: VoidCreature

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Your posts seem a lot more like dislike towards the Rangers than putting forth a good argument that Ranger fans think we are entitled.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
No I laid out clearly why I believe Ranger fans are entitled. No team deserves a player. Especially not one that has not been as bad as LeetchIsGod makes them out to be. Also, me showing my dislike is me saying they have bright spots and arguing they have not been a bad team. I live in NYC and entitlement is in our nature. Anyway, this argument is tired. Back to the Dahlin.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
If you suck and win the lottery you deserve him. He should make one fanbase extremely happy in June (and most likely as early as late April).

McJazz

Jun 18, 2016
Gothenburg
He was so close scoring in the OT, and it would have been really sweet as well. Watching him 3-on-3 is just beautiful

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Slam dunk #1. Imagine if he puts up ~20 points in the SHL this year... best defensive prospect of all time? I seriously can't think of anyone with more hype than him in their draft year

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->