LD Rasmus Dahlin - Frolunda HC, SHL (2018, 1st, BUF) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mauler

Dec 19, 2015
You guys have to give Dahlin time to prove himself it is too early to say he is generational but it is clear that he has the potential to be generational but comparing Mcdavid and Dahlin at the same age is wrong it is a big difference being a defenceman and a center at that age completely understandable that it is harder to be a defenceman in hockey than a center

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
People need to stop comparing about this so ****ing much.

All you need to know is that Dahlin is as good of a D prospect as any Swede ever(so far, he might regress or stop progressing, obviously).

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It's just so enjoyable to watch him play. I must drive to Gothenburg soon to watch a game live.

If I lived in Sweden, I'd make sure I go see him play, so when he's one of the best players in the world in a few years and doesn't play any hockey games in Sweden pretty likely for the rest of his career, you can at least say you saw him play once in person.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Best defensive prospect I have ever seen

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

Wow, you are fast, was about to post that. I highly respect Bergman. He has done very well in Sweden for us, he built his reputation on late-D (Gunnarson and Stralman), and had a massive say on Nylander (first high pick he was really able to own in the organization). Supposedly, had a say on Rask and Steen, but he was a junior scout or a bird dog (unofficial scout who is paid more as a consultant for tips) at that point.

Bold statement.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Some quotes about Dahlin from the Mike Morreale piece about Central Scoutings Preliminary watch list.

https://www.nhl.com/news/rasmus-dahlin-among-players-to-watch-for-2018-nhl-draft/c-291520870

The last Swede to be selected No. 1 was center Mats Sundin to the Quebec Nordiques in 1989. Dahlin (6-foot-2, 181 pounds) has two points (one goal, one assist) and six shots on goal in four games as the youngest player (17) for Frolunda of the Swedish Hockey League this season.

"He's been the best prospect in Sweden for years," said Goran Stubb, the NHL director of European Scouting. "He's a smart, two-way D-man who can control the game in almost every situation using his stickhandling, smooth skating and overall skills. He's not overly physical but can give and take a hit."

BonAppleTea

May 16, 2013
Really really good first period. Some flashes of brilliance in the second (like that wrap around try) as well but felt like kind of a frustrating one for him with some puck losses. But damn he looks so good on both ends most of the time. Such fluid, smooth skating and awareness

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Had a really terrible game today. Got knocked off the puck a number of times in his own end. He's got to make his plays a bit quicker, today he was eaten up by the fore check.

hallonskal

Jun 1, 2010
Had a really terrible game today. Got knocked off the puck a number of times in his own end. He's got to make his plays a bit quicker, today he was eaten up by the fore check.

He did indeed have quite a terrible game today. He tried to play way too fancy versus a team that is playing with a very intense forecheck and he got punished for it more than a couple of times. But he still showed some glimpses of his offence and should probably have had an assist after a great pass but his team mate missed the net.

BonAppleTea

May 16, 2013
Didnt catch the game last night but he netted a pretty wrap around goal and a lot of ice time. Might be what he needed after a couple of bad periods

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Great article on Rasmus on NHL.com where they mention him as a possible generational talent:
https://www.nhl.com/news/rasmus-dah...ntial-no-1-pick-in-2018-nhl-draft/c-291598744

NHL's media throws the word generational around like its nothing. I remember last season they said theyre confident someone in 2017 draft ends up being a generational talent.

Not saying Dahlin cant be one but NHL's media saying it doesnt really say much more than that he is a great player

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
NHL's media throws the word generational around like its nothing. I remember last season they said theyre confident someone in 2017 draft ends up being a generational talent.

Not saying Dahlin cant be one but NHL's media saying it doesnt really say much more than that he is a great player

Oh, don’t worry, he’s just taking a shot at me.

Reactions: Luddowich

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Looks like a possible repeat of Hedman - Tavares draft in Dahlin - Svechnikov as a franchise defenceman goes against a franchise forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad