LD Miro Heiskanen - IFK Helsinki, Liiga (2017, 3rd, DAL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
Thats not what most coaches are concerned with. Its minimizing mistakes at ALL cost and for many coaches young guys = more mistakes.
When you are down to one goal with one minute left, you don't really fear for those mistakes anymore. You bring your best guys offensively there to score that goal.

I feel like the decision not to bring Heiskanen on the ice was because Lepistö and Hietanen were once the guys who you'd trust in those kind of situtations because they are still solid players offensively and earlier we really haven't had any better guys for that. But now with Heiskanen, he is just that much more creative and better that I feel like he should have been given the opportunity, especially because he really turned his game around in the last 3 games where I feel like he was our most dangerous D.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
When you are down to one goal with one minute left, you don't really fear for those mistakes anymore. You bring your best guys offensively there to score that goal.

I feel like the decision not to bring Heiskanen on the ice was because Lepistö and Hietanen were once the guys who you'd trust in those kind of situtations because they are still solid players offensively and earlier we really haven't had any better guys for that. But now with Heiskanen, he is just that much more creative and better that I feel like he should have been given the opportunity, especially because he really turned his game around in the last 3 games where I feel like he was our most dangerous D.

I wish that was true but experience taught me differently . Way too often i have seen teams defend close losses even in elimination games rather than take every risk possible.

Does it make sense ? NO . Doesn't mean its not happening.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I mean i'm not saying it was the correct decision ( hell no i don't think that ) thats just how some coaches think . It sucks but you see it in every team sport . It gets tough and a decent amount of coaches by default go to veteran players and bench young guys.

If a coaches goal is to lose a must win game 1-0 he should never get another coaching job.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
If a coaches goal is to lose a must win game 1-0 he should never get another coaching job.

Sadly you can also use close losses to sell many front office people that it wasn't really the coaches fault but bad bounces etc etc whatever else comes to mind. There are plenty of coaches who will repeatedly get employed ( usually by middling to bad organisations ) who rather defend a close loss than go all our for the win. There's a good reason so many very mediocre coaches get jobs time after time even though they failed repeatedly.

Reactions: Ippenator

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Welp there he goes again playing just under 30 minutes. 2 assists tonight puts him at 11+11 in 28 good for 0.785 PPG. Just insane for someone who is seen as better defensively than offensively

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Welp there he goes again playing just under 30 minutes. 2 assists tonight puts him at 11+11 in 28 good for 0.785 PPG. Just insane for someone who is seen as better defensively than offensively

He's the best D-prospect currently, top2 in potential after Dahlin.

Incredible potential.

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
I don't think size will matter all that much in the eyes of Hitch in regards to Miro, he plays a very defensively sound game and very regularly makes the right decision. Personally I think Hitch and Wilson will love him.

Johno

Assembling a Nordic powerhouse
Oct 30, 2013
I don't think size will matter all that much in the eyes of Hitch in regards to Miro, he plays a very defensively sound game and very regularly makes the right decision. Personally I think Hitch and Wilson will love him.

yeah no, all else is trivial :D Heiskanen is just the type of a player Hitch will love. Defensively super responsible, effective and all that

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
He had a bad game defensively from what I heard. He was on the ice for all goals against.

Yeah not his best performance defensively based on what I've seen, but also based on what I've seen the only goal that was really his fault was the 2nd goal apparently. At least he made up for it offensively

Reactions: FinPanda

Krnuckfan

Oct 11, 2006
I know this is the heiskanen thread but has anyone been able to watch juolevi play in the playoffs at all? How's he looked? The juolevi thread is nowhere to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->