LD Miro Heiskanen - IFK Helsinki, Liiga (2017, 3rd, DAL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Well, didn't get to play much tonight and didn't get much powerplay time because the first unit was so good, but he did look very good on the powerplay. Setup a couple of legit scoring chances.

In his own end, had a bad turnover, made a nice play off of it to deflect the shot wide but it went off a teammate and in. Tough break there, but the nerves were evident tonight. Looked nervous with the puck at times, but that's understandable. He will get better as the games go on. Something very noticeable about his game: he is extremely good at knocking the puck off of players sticks. Hope to see him get more ice time as the games go on

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
I only watched the first, he was fine.
He wasn't bad but he turned the puck over for Germany's 2nd goal which is something you don't often see him do.

To me it seemed like he didn't really use his strengths properly against Germany. I hope he tries to take a bigger role in the next games because when he is on his game, he can be a game changer.

Snowsii

Jan 6, 2014
He wasn't bad but he turned the puck over for Germany's 2nd goal which is something you don't often see him do.

To me it seemed like he didn't really use his strengths properly against Germany. I hope he tries to take a bigger role in the next games because when he is on his game, he can be a game changer.
TBH.. It was Miros bad pass, which lead to the goal, but he did everything to stop that shot, and it wouldnt been a goal, without the puck ricocheting from knee.

Reactions: Kcb12345

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
To me he looked good outside of that giveaway. Also as said above yeah the goal falls on him because he straight up gave Germany the puck but after the turnover he forced a horrible shot that pinballed into the net, so im not too rattled with his recovery there.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
To me he looked good outside of that giveaway. Also as said above yeah the goal falls on him because he straight up gave Germany the puck but after the turnover he forced a horrible shot that pinballed into the net, so im not too rattled with his recovery there.

Me neither. 9/10 he deflects that wide, the unfortunate bounce off of a teammate is just unlucky. Of course not turning it over would be ideal, but I like the effort to recover and the nerves during that play were pretty clear. On the limited powerplay time he looked outstanding too. His vision and offensive sense with the puck is very good.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Had his best game in the Olympics and was pretty clearly the best Finnish defender despite of not getting any points. Kemppainen somehow managed to miss an empty net in front of the goal when Miro fetched him the puck from behind the net. He should play in the first powerplay unit but due to Lepistö - Tolvanen tandem from Jokerit, they seem unable to find him a slot. Not getting much powerplay minutes it's waste of his talents.

Reactions: 1OApick

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Great game.

His puck moving& skating are much needed on the D-core.
Wish he had the chance to have the puck more vs our vets, his IQ is on another level than theirs.

Reactions: 1OApick

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
Another solid game by Heiskanen. Created many scoring chances with his agile movement on the blueline but his accuracy wasn't excactly on point today. Happy to see him finally getting that goal after all those chances he had.

Heiskanen has had 2 games now where I would rank him our best defender in those games. Nice to see him getting hot just before the real games start.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Having a great 3rd period against Canada. Looks like the only player that doesn't have concrete in his skates.

Love his game.

Incredible what he can he at 18y already. He tried to give the team a chance and push the play from our defense. The best player on the 3rd period for us, incredible skater.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
Í don't get it how come he wasn't on the ice for the last minute against Canada. Felt like he was the only D that could actually support our forwards and make good plays in the offensive zone.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Í don't get it how come he wasn't on the ice for the last minute against Canada. Felt like he was the only D that could actually support our forwards and make good plays in the offensive zone.

Because by default many coaches will play the experienced veterans like in his case Lepistö in crunch time over young guys. Yeah not every coach does that but too many. They know what the veteran brings and trust them. The young guys ? They don't know even if they're clearly more talented.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Yeah, that was crazy. I had very little faith they would score with that 6 man line.

Good to see coach reward players with good games, or not.

Because by default many coaches will play the experienced veterans like in his case Lepistö in crunch time over young guys. Yeah not every coach does that but too many. They know what the veteran brings and trust them. The young guys ? They don't know even if they're clearly more talented.

Vast majority of our vets just bring zero offense, that should be known by the coach.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Yeah, that was crazy. I had very little faith they would score with that 6 man line.

Good to see coach reward players with good games, or not.

Vast majority of our vets just bring zero offense, that should be known by the coach.

Thats not what most coaches are concerned with. Its minimizing mistakes at ALL cost and for many coaches young guys = more mistakes.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Thats not what most coaches are concerned with. Its minimizing mistakes at ALL cost and for many coaches young guys = more mistakes.

Finns had to score a goal, you throw the safe vets out of the building with 2mins left and going for 6-5.

You play your best players and give yourself the best chance to win the game. Good thing Marjamaki reign is soon over.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Finns had to score a goal, you throw the safe vets out of the building with 2mins left and going for 6-5.

You play your best players and give yourself the best chance to win the game. Good thing Marjamaki reign is soon over.

I mean i'm not saying it was the correct decision ( hell no i don't think that ) thats just how some coaches think . It sucks but you see it in every team sport . It gets tough and a decent amount of coaches by default go to veteran players and bench young guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad