LD Miro Heiskanen - IFK Helsinki, Liiga (2017, 3rd, DAL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
That goal was very similar to his 4th goal. I had to check if I was watching the most recent goal. :laugh:

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
I don't think Sport had any shot attempts in the 2nd period when Heiskanen was on ice, at least not on goal. He is great at pressuring opponents towards the boards and then just stripping the puck off them.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Can't imagine how much this thread would have posts if he was a prospect of a team that has a bigger fanbase here.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
Who has looked better in liiga: heiskanen or juolevi
Heiskanen quite easily. Heiskanen is already a top-3 defender in the league whereas Juolevi, while not being bad, hasn't really separated himself from the rest yet.

Heiskanen just scored his second goal of the night. Hat trick incoming?

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
If Miro would have been late birthday and 2018 draft eligible.
So would he have had a realistic chance to challenge Rasmus Dahlin 1st overall.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Isn't he on like Erik Karlsson level production right now? Peak Karlsson that is.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
If Miro would have been late birthday and 2018 draft eligible.
So would he have had a realistic chance to challenge Rasmus Dahlin 1st overall.

Well Miro Heiskanen is pretty late born player for his draft and already one of the best players in liiga. I think he could be future Duncan Keith/Drew Doughty if everything pans out. If that happens he would be best defenseman ever from Finland.

Rasmus Dahlin in the other hand is exceptional talent. It's early to call him generational but he has potential become generational defenseman. It's harder to judge D's because they have different learning curve than fowards.

I don't think there is many if any GMs who would pick Heiskanen over Dahlin.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
It took Heiskanen 10 games to match his last years point totals. He had 10 points in 37 games and now has 6+4 in 10 games.

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
he probably did but price was too high. Benning tried too.

Lol i completely missunderstood this comment... i was like what does price have to do with this... i knew he was part native but damn i gotta chill with the stereotypes. (Thought price the goallie was the price in your comment).

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
And while his points and goals are impressive, the most impressive thing is his play in the defensive zone. Best D in Liiga. If he had been in the Dallas camp, he probably would be playing in the NHL right now. Instead of that we see him play for Finland at the WJC and probably at the olympics too. Fun times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad