LD Miro Heiskanen - IFK Helsinki, Liiga (2017, 3rd, DAL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
If I’m Colorado, there’s almost no chance I’m risking my pick on one of the Dmen available this year.

Go for the hard working Glass to whip those over privileged superstars into shape.

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
Not that the Dmen can’t be better, I just think it’s a bigger risk for a team like Colorado to take a Dman at the #4 spot when they were the worst team in the league last year.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Not that the Dmen can’t be better, I just think it’s a bigger risk for a team like Colorado to take a Dman at the #4 spot when they were the worst team in the league last year.

I don't know how getting a potential #1D would be such a bad thing?

They don't have 1 today.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
If I’m Colorado, there’s almost no chance I’m risking my pick on one of the Dmen available this year.

Go for the hard working Glass to whip those over privileged superstars into shape.

I don't see Heiskanen as a risk. He should be a #3 at worst. I wouldn't take any other D at 4 though. These Makar rumors have me nervous. That guy is a huge risk. I would rather us go off the board and pick Valimaki than go with Makar.

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
I don't know how getting a potential #1D would be such a bad thing?

They don't have 1 today.

Yup, you’re right. If I’m the Av’s I’m targeting the guy in the 3-7 range with the most drive and work ethic.

It’s hard to say for sure who that is without knowing these kids, but hopefully the Avs did their due diligence and select the guy who can help drive the team to the next level.

I’m not trying to harp on current players, but the Avs have way too much talent to be playing where they are.

Hockeyisl1fe

Dec 8, 2016

Based on the u18s, Glass is unfortunately inferior to Heiskanen by quite a bit. Besides that; are there really that much better defensemen available in the 2018 draft besides Dahlin (which they can't really count up on as of now)?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
So exactly how close were they of trading him? :laugh:

Who knows ? Just shows the obviously wanted Heiskanen in case they kept the pick. Probably the price Nill was asking for was too high for other teams. Maybe Dallas would've traded the pick if Heiskanen was picked at #1 or #2.

Last edited:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Who knows ? Just shows the obviously wanted Heiskanen in case they kept the pick. Probably the price Nill was asking for was too high for other teams. Maybe Dallas would've traded the pick if Heiskanen was picked at #1 or #2.

I was just trying to be a bit sarcastic after months of all kinds of rumours, and in the end it sounds like Dallas was really high on him and honestly wanted him.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
That's great he plays the right side but he's a lefty, he should be listed as a LD.

RD means right defenseman. It has nothing to do with handedness. Yes tipically you on on the same side as your handedness but you can be a left handed RD and a right handed LD.

You might be thinking of when people use the abbreviations LHD and RHD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad