LD Miro Heiskanen - IFK Helsinki, Liiga (2017, 3rd, DAL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
I wouldn't be shocked at all if he went 1st overall.

I think he'll end up as the best player of this draft.

I don't think he goes number 1, but agree that he goes on to become the best player out of this draft when we look back in 3-5 years.

Bold move to take him number 1 and would love to see it happen! (Actually I hope it doesn't happen, and he falls to the 'Nucks at 5).

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
Yeah I've read articles of Heiskanen last weeks and Finnish reporters are mentioned that Shero is very interested to get Heiskanen.
But now the question is that who's BPA to Devils is it Patrick, Hischier or Heiskanen or maybe even Makar. Choosing between those four TOP prospects will be tough decision.

Devils need Franchise center but also top pair defenceman to replace Adam Larsson.
I don't know what do you think but my opinion is that Nolan Patrick hurt his chances to go 1st overall when he revealed during the combine he has been in groin surgery twice.

That reveal will cause questions on Patrick's health.
But does that affect his draft position it's another story.

One is not like the others here. Every top prospect have strengths, but Makar also has a weakness. Top 10 but too risky for top 5 Id say

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I don't think he goes number 1, but agree that he goes on to become the best player out of this draft when we look back in 3-5 years.

Bold move to take him number 1 and would love to see it happen! (Actually I hope it doesn't happen, and he falls to the 'Nucks at 5).

I would think long and hard between him and Patrick given his injury history.

Would take him ahead of Hischier.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
I'm not sure he's good enough for being the #1 pick. But then again, he's really good.

One thing is certain, the Flyers are drafting a centre.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
New Jersey as stated needs everything. IMO, they are better off trading back to 3 if they can and just taking who is left. They can pick up another asset and walk away with a #1 C or #1 D prospect.

usefulfiction

Jan 10, 2006
Prosper, TX
New Jersey as stated needs everything. IMO, they are better off trading back to 3 if they can and just taking who is left. They can pick up another asset and walk away with a #1 C or #1 D prospect.

There's no incentive for the Stars to move up in the draft. If NJ wants Heiskanen, they'll have to take him 1OA.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
There's no incentive for the Stars to move up in the draft. If NJ wants Heiskanen, they'll have to take him 1OA.

I'd be fine moving up, depending on the cost.

I have no idea why New Jersey would, though.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland

It's not a secret Ray Shero is GM who won't afraid gamble also he has history to drafting Finnish defenceman ( Olli Maatta 22nd overall 2012) 1st round.
But if / when Devils decides to go with defenceman they won't necessarily draft Heiskanen it could be Makar too.

However if Shero really wants Heiskanen 1OA then Miro must be 120 percent sure BPA to Devils.
And clear margin to Patrick and Hischier but somehow i don't see that happening.

I'm not questioning Heiskanen and his talent but clear consensus TOP2 has been long time Patrick and Hischier why that should change now.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
It's not a secret Ray Shero is GM who won't afraid gamble also he has history to drafting Finnish defenceman ( Olli Maatta 22nd overall 2012) 1st round.
But if / when Devils decides to go with defenceman they won't necessarily draft Heiskanen it could be Makar too.

However if Shero really wants Heiskanen 1OA then Miro must be 120 percent sure BPA to Devils.
And clear margin to Patrick and Hischier but somehow i don't see that happening.

I'm not questioning Heiskanen and his talent but clear consensus TOP2 has been long time Patrick and Hischier why that should change now.

This. No GM is willing to gamble their reputation by going off the board with the #1 overall pick, especially on a defenseman. Going with the consensus you can blame it on the player (Yakupov), but if you go off the board and he busts, people will be looking at the GM.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
I'd be fine moving up, depending on the cost.

I have no idea why New Jersey would, though.

I mean we could use Heiskanen just as much as Nico or Nolan. I feel like us staying at 3 is the best bet. If the rumours of us loving Makar are true we could maybe even slide down a bit instead of moving up

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Call me crazy but I'm again seeing the potential fall to 8th to Buffalo.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

I saw someone post Sir Bob's comments saying Colorado is really high on Makar.
Benning has 2 options, he wants a 50-60 point pp D-man or playmaking C.
Vegas is not going to start their journey with a Finnish D-man, especially considering the Expansion market. It's defense heavy and they get a weaker F group. They likely want to target a D-prospect with Islanders pick and go for C at 6.
Ari is the ? on that vision but could see them go for RD(Liljegren) to compliment OEL+ Chyhcrun or C, which is still a weakness for them.

Leaving Buffalo and Gm who values IQ and knows the need for defense.

usefulfiction

Jan 10, 2006
Prosper, TX
Vegas is not going to start their journey with a Finnish D-man, especially considering the Expansion market. It's defense heavy and they get a weaker F group. They likely want to target a D-prospect with Islanders pick and go for C at 6.
Ari is the ? on that vision but could see them go for RD(Liljegren) to compliment OEL+ Chyhcrun or C, which is still a weakness for them.

Who is Dallas taking in this scenario?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

You're assuming he makes it out of the top 3. That seems really doubtful at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->