LD logjam

TheSaltyCanadian

Nov 29, 2016
Winterfell, Alberta
I read a rumor today that said PC was going to offer Kris Russel another contract before the season is up. If that's the case, and with expansion looming, what is the plan with the Left side?

Apparently Tyson Barrie for Nurse/Klefbom came up at least once...

Who goes? Especially if we are looking at trading for a RD-PPQB, which LD can we afford to lose?

Klefbom
Sekera (NMC)
Russel

Nurse
Davidson
Osterle
Reinheart
Jones

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I read a rumor today that said PC was going to offer Kris Russel another contract before the season is up. If that's the case, and with expansion looming, what is the plan with the Left side?

Apparently Tyson Barrie for Nurse/Klefbom came up at least once...

Who goes? Especially if we are looking at trading for a RD-PPQB, which LD can we afford to lose?

Klefbom
Sekera (NMC)
Russel

Nurse
Davidson
Osterle
Reinheart
Jones

Where was this rumour? Signing him right now doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Better to wait until after the expansion draft.

If he does get kept, perhaps Chiarelli tries to use Klefbom in a deal for a legit #1 guy

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
Where was this rumour? Signing him right now doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Better to wait until after the expansion draft.

If he does get kept, perhaps Chiarelli tries to use Klefbom in a deal for a legit #1 guy

i really do think this is the case. Signing Russel makes no sense unless one of Klef or davidson is traded for a RD or RW. Klef for Barrie plus gives us balance, the issue is whatever the plus would be. I would not be happy for a Klef for Barrie but if they throw in a good pick or prospect, maybe.

An expanded deal where they add a coburn and take a cap dump like Pouliot would be ok as well

TheSaltyCanadian

Nov 29, 2016
Winterfell, Alberta
Last edited:

TheSaltyCanadian

Nov 29, 2016
Winterfell, Alberta
I would have a hard time breaking up Klef/Larrson I really like them together. But if it got you Justin Faulk or Tyson Barrie... Tempting for sure.

Mike Green would be tempting for Davidson+

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
I see three scenarios where it is acceptable to sign Russell.

The Oilers trade one of Sekera/Nurse/Klefbom (yes I know Sekera has a NMC).

The Oilers lose Davidson in the expansion draft and they have cap room for Russell

The Oilers finish their summer 2017 offseason moves with cap/roster space left for him.

He does not deserve a NMC/NTC and he does not deserve more than 1 year.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Signing russell is an idea that makes me want to puke. Davidson is young, better and cheaper. Osterle probably will be too pretty soon. Overpaying for bottom pairing D is what bad gms do

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad