LD Artemi Knyazev - Ak Bars Kazan, KHL (2019, 48th, SJS; traded to WPG)

enj92

Oct 2, 2015
Ufa
WdLqKQ_ddmo.jpg

Not much info about him, but he's absolutly one of the most promising young russian players in the near future.
He plays for Ak Bars 2001, recorded 35 points in 16 games this season and 1 + 6 in 6gp for AB 2000 as well. More details...
He's also team captain.

Old video:

Vide

Mar 2, 2015
Big numbers for a d-man. Is he a pure offensive d-man at this point or is he any good in his own zone? Not often you hear about really skilled russian d-men.

Spade

Resident Tool
Mar 12, 2014
Digging a Hole
Just keep him out of Canadian junior leagues.

We get it, you don't like junior leagues.

2019 is looking like another solid draft. 2017 might be one of the thinner draft crops of the recent past and future. Bodes well for the NHL that draft after draft after draft has been full of home runs.

Also, Russian hockey could really use another high end defenseman, it's clearly an area of weakness right now. They have guys who look really good like Sergachev and Zadorov, but not many in the way of young established talent. Most of the defenders seem to be too old to be relied upon long term, like Markov, or solid but not good enough to fill that role at the top of the lineup required of their national team, like Orlov.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY

Varlamov, Bobrovskiy = Russia
Bobkov, Makarov = N. A.

And a big wave of prospects like Vasilevskiy, Samsonov, Sorokin, Shestyorkin, Nalimov seems to be well on its way.

The idea that Russia can't produce goaltenders was around 5-6 years ago. That's definitely changing.

enj92

Oct 2, 2015
Ufa
Is he a pure offensive d-man at this point or is he any good in his own zone?
Hard to say, I've never seen him play. But one russian amateur scout said that AK usually excels at both ends of the ice.
That guy is reliable adept of russian junior hockey. You can trust his opinion. :)

BTW I really like the fact that Russia has finally started to produce some real talented defenseman.
Zadorov, Provorov, Sergachyov, 1999 born guys like Kazamanov, Rubinchik, Alexeyev and now this kid. Future looks brighter at this point.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Just keep him out of Canadian junior leagues.
must be canadian junior right, could not be the player...do you know how many canadian players highly hyped never turned out in the CHL...A LOT.....Austen Matthews went to Swiss and tore it up over there, if a player is that good he will turn out to be good, the player could be to blame (possibly too small, parimiter player who looks good in lower leagues, only one way player, lazy, does not put the time in to train even though he is ultra talented, attitude) tons of excuses why he some do not turn out....and if they can not play in the CHL how will they ever make the NHL it is the North American game they have to get use too. Im not saying Russia is bad developing im saying sometimes the player is to blame for not turning out or some look good before contact becomes a major part of the game.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
So far the best prospect in his birth year in our system. Size is okay by now. Ceiling/comparison - Letang.

enj92

Oct 2, 2015
Ufa
He's an exceptional young talent, that's for sure. From what I saw recently from both he really reminds me another young phenom Ryan Merkley. Both are dynamic skaters with great puck moving abilities and great hockey IQ in all three zones. Btw he's 5'11 right now, not 5'9 according to eliteprospects. I believe he'll be around 6'1 at the draft day.

Kuz

May 11, 2015
As much as I know - no. Artemiy is Kazan born and raised. Also the last name is not that uncommon in Russia.

Seems like a lot of the best russian talents are coming through AK Bars Kazan lately. Svechnikov, Khovanov and Knyazev.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad