LD Alexei Bereglazov - Metallurg Magnitogorsk, KHL (2012 undrafted; UFA signed by NYR, released)

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I wouldn't regard anything Herman says.

Bereglazov had a pretty bad Traverse City tournament, and a lot of fans are freaking out about it. This tournament means absolutely nothing, so it doesn't matter, but he does need to play better in preseason.

it looked more as if he wasn't trying than playing bad. Which is almost as bad as playing bad.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
it looked more as if he wasn't trying than playing bad. Which is almost as bad as playing bad.

Whether NYR fans like it or not, my thought in Bereglazov leaving was right away that he is the wrong guy. I think he overrates himself if he thinks he can make it in the NHL now.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't really get the point of signing him. We didn't give him a chance in training camp.

If they claim he needs to adjust to NA ice, he's not going to be doing much of that in the KHL. If he's not good enough and that could be told from one preseason game, it was a bad signing.

The team's approach though with these younger defensemen is really annoying me, none of them are being given a chance to play. Instead, AHL'ers like Kampfer and 30 year old 6D's like Holden are preferred to NHL ready defense prospects.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
In the end it was decided that NYR won't continue with him for the next season, so the contract is terminated and it is expected that he will sign with Metallurg for the next 2 seasons.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
In the end it was decided that NYR won't continue with him for the next season, so the contract is terminated and it is expected that he will sign with Metallurg for the next 2 seasons.
Expected outcome. They tend to overrate themselves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad