LD Alexander Alexeyev (2018, 31st, WSH)

enj92

Oct 2, 2015
Ufa
27573.jpg

www.eliteprospects.com
whl.ca

Big late birthday defenceman is going to play this season in Red Deer Rebels. Has 2+2 points in 2 pre season games. Dont know much about him, but looks promising.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Good decision. He was never going to get any time with SKA until he was around 19 or 20 years old. That hurt Rykov for the 2015 draft, so he didn't get picked until the 2016 draft. Rykov still barely plays. Yudin is 21 and still gets very inconsistent playing time, otherwise I think he would've been drafted.

SmartPuck

Mar 8, 2016
Intrigued to see this player. Good time for him to come over, too, as he will have two full years to play in NA before his draft day.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Ive seen him twice this year and he impressed the hell out of me both times.

Excellent skater, keeps his head up at all times makes great passes and rarely makes a mistake.

Really promising prospect.

Also he is a right shot, not left. So even more intriguing.

Reactions: MatthewFlames

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Nope, he's left shooting. But yeah, he's amazing player.

Rebels website, WHL website and Hockey DB all have him as a righty.

I looked over some video and he is indeed a lefty. My bad.

Coulda sworn I remember him shooting right too.

That's what I get for trusting my brain and the WHL web teams. LOL

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Is he paired with Josh Mahura?

Yep and they have proven to be a pretty good pair so far. AA did miss some time recently though, and I am not sure who Mahura played with for that period.

Should be an extremely strong group of top end D coming out of the WHL next year. Ty Smith, Addison, Jett Woo, AA, probably a handful of other guys who could slide into this group as well..

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Was hoping to watch him in the Rebels game today vs Edmonton, but he's out. Anyone know if he's injured and if so, for how long?
That game is live on Sportsnet right now if anyone wants a look, can get a look at Reichel anyway.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Praying we somehow pick him (by trading up), projecting where he goes is a bit hard tho. Definitely a 1st rounder tho.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Was hoping to watch him in the Rebels game today vs Edmonton, but he's out. Anyone know if he's injured and if so, for how long?
That game is live on Sportsnet right now if anyone wants a look, can get a look at Reichel anyway.

Unfortunately his mother passed away last month, so he had to return to Russia, probably didn't return yet.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Praying we somehow pick him (by trading up), projecting where he goes is a bit hard tho. Definitely a 1st rounder tho.

He's got a bigger chance to rise than drop IMO. He's one of the most underrated players in this draft....whereas a guy like Hughes and Bouchard are on the opposite spectrum (to me). He's definitely one of my favorites for the Leafs pick around the 20's.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
He's got a bigger chance to rise than drop IMO. He's one of the most underrated players in this draft....whereas a guy like Hughes and Bouchard are on the opposite spectrum (to me). He's definitely one of my favorites for the Leafs pick around the 20's.

i currently have him at #17

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Alexeyev suffered a hand injury last week and will be out for 4+ weeks now.

That's bad luck, I like him this draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->