LCA worker dies after accident

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
This is absolutely terrible a couple of my friends in the trade knew him and have had nothing but good things to say about him. Thoughts and prayers to his family :(

opivy

Sauce King
Sep 14, 2011
Columbus, OH
Talk about a bad omen. When the Wings suck for the next decades in the LCA, they'll talk about the "Electrician's Curse".

Not the time or place for that.

The trades are difficult jobs, and the amount of work that these men have completed and created for this building is always astonishing. I hope they put up a memorial of some type for him in the building. Mr. I would have done it, it will be interesting to see what the family does after.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
I work at heights all day, always scary to hear about falls like this. (granted i would never be that high up w/o a tie in)

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Supposedly a suicide. While sad that a man felt the need for it to come to that, at the very least it's comforting to know he probably wasn't panicking as he fell.

Where is this mentioned or inferred?

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Not the time or place for that.

The trades are difficult jobs, and the amount of work that these men have completed and created for this building is always astonishing. I hope they put up a memorial of some type for him in the building. Mr. I would have done it, it will be interesting to see what the family does after.

No way that Chris doesn't do something.

DangleDangle08

Nov 21, 2011
This is so sad for this poor man, his family, and his colleagues.

It seems like when something involves suicide, the "experts" come out of the woodwork to blame the victim - this takes away from his life, death, family, dignity and others suffering from mental illness. The truth is we have no idea what's going on in someone's head, especially if they're suffering from mental illness, before they decide to take their own life. It is unfortunate that people had to see this happen but this guy may have lost control of his thoughts and that is definitely not his fault and doesn't make this any less tragic. Any speculation can be hurtful and damaging for the people he left behind.

As someone who has lost someone to suicide and who has struggled himself, I hope Red Wings fans treat this incident with respect.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
The electrician who died was a member of International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 58 in Detroit. I would like to offer -on behalf of both myself and I.B.E.W. Local 103 in Boston- our deepest sympathies to our brothers and sisters at Local 58, and the family of our deceased brother.

It's never easy when one of your own dies on the job... whether it's an electrocution, a fall, or some other accident. If this was not an accident, in my view, it makes this all the more tragic.

I have had the privilege of working alongside many Local 58 brothers during the recession when we were working as travelers out of Local 60 in San Antonio. Some of those men are very good friends of mine still, and one of them is working the night shift at the "pizza-rena." That makes this feel a little closer to home to me.

Many Local 58 hands were very good to kid from Boston who went alone to a place he'd never been and didn't know a soul. They treated me like family for the two years I was in Texas, and I am heartbroken for their loss.

I've already spoken to my friends and offered my sympathies. If there are any Local 58 brothers or sisters reading this, you have my sympathies as well.

I hope they pass the hat for his family if he had one, and I'll ask the priest at my parish to say a Mass for the repose of his soul.

CKJohn

Apr 23, 2007
The electrician who died was a member of International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 58 in Detroit. I would like to offer -on behalf of both myself and I.B.E.W. Local 103 in Boston- our deepest sympathies to our brothers and sisters at Local 58, and the family of our deceased brother.

It's never easy when one of your own dies on the job... whether it's an electrocution, a fall, or some other accident. If this was not an accident, in my view, it makes this all the more tragic.

I have had the privilege of working alongside many Local 58 brothers during the recession when we were working as travelers out of Local 60 in San Antonio. Some of those men are very good friends of mine still, and one of them is working the night shift at the "pizza-rena." That makes this feel a little closer to home to me.

Many Local 58 hands were very good to kid from Boston who went alone to a place he'd never been and didn't know a soul. They treated me like family for the two years I was in Texas, and I am heartbroken for their loss.

I've already spoken to my friends and offered my sympathies. If there are any Local 58 brothers or sisters reading this, you have my sympathies as well.

I hope they pass the hat for his family if he had one, and I'll ask the priest at my parish to say a Mass for the repose of his soul.

Thank you for your kind words brothers. I've been working at the arena since March. The feeling that came over not only us, but the building, was very erry.

I'm not fully convinced of the suicide, although it appears it so. I don't trust a word out of Barton Mallow mouths. We both know how a GC gets when something like this happens. The hat was definitely passed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad