GDT: Lazy GDT: 2/17/18 - Capitals @ TankHawks 7:30 CT on WGN

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuzy

Mar 31, 2012
St. Charles, IL
They're skill players now. Not their role. Can't afford to have them in the box if there are power play opportunities coming.
Yea, it's times like this where our enforcer patrick kane is supposed to jump in and back up his teammates
scottfight2.gif

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
I’ve been bitching for months about this teams performance and management. I’m going to enjoy this win tonight. Dare I say they played a great game and it’s nice to see them have a bit of fun.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
It was a nice win but it does hurt chance to draft a generational defenseman, which will probably bring a lot more joy down the road than a meaningless regular season game. Good to see the team have a great game though. Toews looked pretty excited about it.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Yea I don't mind a win like this when we score that many goals. Not to mention guys like Toews, Saad, etc showing up. Kane hits another milestone, etc. These are the wins you root for.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
It was a nice win but it does hurt chance to draft a generational defenseman, which will probably bring a lot more joy down the road than a meaningless regular season game. Good to see the team have a great game though. Toews looked pretty excited about it.
Well theres like 0 chance they drop to last overall in the league. They can have the occasional big win like this, but as long as they stay bottom 8, its fine.

kuzy

Mar 31, 2012
St. Charles, IL
Yea, it's not like we're going to go the rest of the season without winning any games (as much as that might help with the Dahlin sweepstakes :laugh:). When we do win, I want us to win big.

Scoring some goals could also help the value of some players going into trade deadline too

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Well theres like 0 chance they drop to last overall in the league. They can have the occasional big win like this, but as long as they stay bottom 8, its fine.

They don't need to drop to last overall in the standings to draft #1 though.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Yea I don't mind a win like this when we score that many goals. Not to mention guys like Toews, Saad, etc showing up. Kane hits another milestone, etc. These are the wins you root for.
exactly, we still need this core for next year, they can't all crumble the rest of the year. we have the talent to win more than we lose the rest of the way, lets see how they respond next game.

kuzy

Mar 31, 2012
St. Charles, IL
Also the senators, coyotes, and red wings all won as well. Not only that, but the canucks are up 5-0, and the panther's are winning 3-1. Not a bad day for tanking teams :laugh:

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Likely more fluke than anything else just like the first two games of the season.

Doubt they will duplicate that effort and result the rest of the season.

It is nice to see though, but it's time Stan makes some deals while he can

Reactions: hawksrule

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Games like this show you that the team can be great.. Just need consistency, a new coach/system, and upgrades on D.

Hartman, Debrincat, Schmaltz, Hino.. they are all solid. Kane is still great, Saad and Toews can be good.

AA, Kampf, Duclair, Hayden, Sikura to round it all off.

Saad-Toews-Debrincat
Duclair-Schmaltz-Kane
Sikura-AA-Hartman
Hayden-Kampf-Hinostroza

This looks like a solid core to me GRANTED they play to atleast 75-90% of their top potential.

Last edited:

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Over the course of an 82-game season, one game doesn't make or break draft or playoff chances given the impact that the 81 games had over the 1. Don't sweat the small stuff, and for all you know when the lotto happens an additional loss would result in our draft odds not being the ones that get picked just as an additional win could do the same. No point in worrying about where we are over the course of a single game.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Missed the game and good to see we finally won. Did we play that well? or did the Caps simply stink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad