Lay out the Blame

Status
Not open for further replies.

joepeps

Jan 2, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
Here you can add to the list for Owner/Player

A). The Owners will not let a third party look at the books because they will notice that they are not losing the ammount of money that they say they are, and that they would face some insurance fraud.
B). The Owners are complaining that the playesr are overpaid? They started signing people at outragous contracts.... They started it, now they should have to deal with it......They should have thought of this before signing players for multi-million dollar contracts.
C). Owners should not be signing players to contracts thoughout this past months and they have been. "Ohh Yeah. boo hoo were in finacial jeopordy" MY ass... if you were in so much fincial loss, you wouldn't be signing ANYONE, until a new CBA is reached!!!!!!!!!
D). Start talking, who do they expect to make a deal for them????? If they don't wanna talk, break the league, and start a new league with a NEW COMMISH, AND CBA LEADER!!!!!

there much more but I have to study for exams..... you guys can add more

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
1) They've done that. It's the NHLPA that refuses to.
2) The players had no role? They didn't demand higher salaries, didn't hold out, didn't negociate? The owners face competition. They want to keep up with the rest of the league.
3) Irrelevant.
4) What?

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
A) ever heard of a dude named Levitt? :dunno:

B) No! a few idiots started signing the Pejorative Slured contracts and in order to keep the star players other teams had to follow...thats why they need an idiot proof system :shakehead

C) why not? they were signed under the current CBA and it's rules of FA...etc. should they just give them away? :banghead:

D) i agree with the last poster....WHAT? :amazed:

degroat*

joepeps said:
Here you can add to the list for Owner/Player

A). The Owners will not let a third party look at the books because they will notice that they are not losing the ammount of money that they say they are, and that they would face some insurance fraud.
B). The Owners are complaining that the playesr are overpaid? They started signing people at outragous contracts.... They started it, now they should have to deal with it......They should have thought of this before signing players for multi-million dollar contracts.
C). Owners should not be signing players to contracts thoughout this past months and they have been. "Ohh Yeah. boo hoo were in finacial jeopordy" MY ass... if you were in so much fincial loss, you wouldn't be signing ANYONE, until a new CBA is reached!!!!!!!!!
D). Start talking, who do they expect to make a deal for them????? If they don't wanna talk, break the league, and start a new league with a NEW COMMISH, AND CBA LEADER!!!!!

there much more but I have to study for exams..... you guys can add more

This'll be fun....

A) Try doing some research next time. Besides Levitt (who has already been mentioned), almost all of the meetings prior to the 15th of September were nothing more than going over books.
B) Nobody has ever said it's the player's fault that they're overpaid.
C) Hardly. Teams can't just let players walk and not take advantage of a situation to improve their club.
D) The owners have no reason to replace Bettman.

Instead of us adding more to a blank list, you should start a new thread about how to fix the 'fincial' problems in the league because assigning blame gets us no where.

joepeps

Jan 2, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
Yeah

If no one is singing players.. .who is will lose them?????

No one should be signing,.. therefore no players leaves a team!!!!!!!!!!

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
joepeps said:

Allow me to join the chorus of 'WHAT?'s emanating in this thread...

Ever hear of the word collusion?

dawgbone

Jun 24, 2002
joepeps said:

And what happens when a new CBA is reached, and say the UFA age gets lowered?

Then what?

:shakehead

shveik

Jul 6, 2002
Visit site
Books

Why do people keep saying that NHLPA did not go through the NHL books? AFAIK they were allowed to do that for 4 teams, and found 53million in unreported revenues. That was in February. Also, Flyers president has mentioned that they apparently have *two* sets of these so-called books. Why not three? :dunno:

To me, this controversy proves that the information from the "books" is not so reliable. And it also puts the idea of revenue-based cap into question, since these "books" are to be the source of the information for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad