Recalled/Assigned: Lawrence Pilut (recalled 11/3/19, re-assigned 11/11/19)

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
I don't give a rats ass about a letter stitched on his jersey, he provides nothing to the team other than a big hit every 10 or so games. Put Pilut in over McNobody.

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC

Pilut with the pass that led to a goal on this play.

Finished with a goal and two helpers, needless to say he had a pretty good night.

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
It makes me mad to think he's probably going to be claimed in the expansion draft...

This is my thought too. On the plus side, if he puts enough good stuff on film in the next few months he increase his trade value. Would love to see him stay here.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
he really should head back home. Would be a major pay raise as well as getting to play on the national team.

This clown show excuse of a team does not deserve a player like Pilut

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
I have serious concerns he will be ruined. He is about to turn 24 and has been a top SHL/AHL D for some time now. Wasting probably some of his best years not playing here.

Even if we do trade a D/another D gets hurt besides Dahlin, I don't see them making him anything more than the guy who gets scratched constantly in the "rotation" after any little mistake he makes.

Dahlin, Ristolainen, McCabe, Scandella, Jokoharju, Montour, Bogosian, Miller.

There is 8 D I rarely see being scratched in favour of him unfortunately. Hope I am wrong and we see him very soon.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I have serious concerns he will be ruined. He is about to turn 24 and has been a top SHL/AHL D for some time now. Wasting probably some of his best years not playing here.

Even if we do trade a D/another D gets hurt besides Dahlin, I don't see them making him anything more than the guy who gets scratched constantly in the "rotation" after any little mistake he makes.

There is 8 D I rarely see being scratched in favour of him unfortunately. Hope I am wrong and we see him very soon.

Ruined? I think that might be a little bit extreme. I could see him more than happily going to another organization and being extremely successful. This is after all his seventh professional season so the argument that he needs seasoning or that he’s a young player… That’s all a lot of bullshit.

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
He should be in the lineup ahead of the following...McCabe, Scandella, Ristolainen, Bogosian and probably Miller too. There's absolutely no excuse that he is down in Rochester.

Here's my top 6 (when healthy of course), if I were coach:

Dahlin Montour (All Situations)
Scandella Jokiharju (Shutdown)
Pilut Miller (Awesome Third Pair)
Bogo (Perfect guy that can mix in on any of the pairs and not get killed)

I truly think this defense would dominate possession. Get a few better forwards and a goalie here, and we're suddenly one of the better teams in the league. But this defense would make a lot of these forwards look better by helping them keep possession instead of constantly giving the puck back. Why can't the bloated dome GM see this?

Reactions: Cheese Breadman

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

I’m not worried about him getting ruined. I’m worried that we’ll waste him as an asset. He could be helping us now and won’t because of Botts not moving out dmen.

Reactions: Tatanka

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012

You're probably right sadly, I mean that was already proven. Montour was out, Bogo was out, and Pilut still didn't get a game in Sweden. Benefit of the doubt that he came back from injury not long ago and is one of the only defenseman on the team that has a 2 way contract and those were both righties out..but still.

Led the team in CF with 53.3 % on a dumpster fire, despite the fact he started in the DZ more than the OZ. Nah we don't want him up here, lets just keep throwing Mcnuggets, Captain Sundial, and Brokegosian out there.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
It makes me mad to think he's probably going to be claimed in the expansion draft...

To add on to this, if you value Pilut over Casey Mittelstadt, you go 4F (Eichel/Reinhart/Skinner/Olofsson) and 4D (Dahlin/Joker/Monty/Pilut).

Similarly you might value Pilut over Montour. Not sold on Montour’s play personally.

Either way we need the guy in the NHL to make these evaluations. With Dahlin out Pilut should be called up, but our idiot GM thinks it’s necessary to have 5 bottom pairing D on the roster.

Reactions: Cheese Breadman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad