Laval Rocket: Laval Rocket at Hartford Wolf Pack 7:00 pm

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I am expecting a dominant player because he has almost a season of NHL experience...he should at least be as good as Mailloux which I would argue he isn't based on what I am watching.
Maybe his confidence is shaken?

Or, perhaps it’s due to a full one third of his height coming from the length of his neck. :sarcasm:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
There is some bad blood between HFD and Dobes since their last meeting. Apparently, HFD doesn’t like Dobes’ aggressive style of play. One of HFD’s forwards just tried to send him a message.

Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Maybe his confidence is shaken?

Or, perhaps it’s due to a full one third of his height coming from the length of his neck. :sarcasm:
They sent him down because he lost confidence. I remember watching every pair he was on was struggling.

There is some bad blood between HFD and Dobes since their last meeting. Apparently, HFD doesn’t like Dobes’ aggressive style of play.
Dobes is becoming an intriguing prospect.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Laval pouring it on near end of period, including a close call on a shot by Cederqvist that hit the left post and landed right next to the HFD goalie.

After 2, Laval trails 2-1.

Shots 23-18 in favor of Laval.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Well Keegan, for one you’re a shill HFD writer.

And secondly, you’re not even the most famous (and likeable) Keegan we’ve heard of (that would be Keegan Michael Key).

While Dobeš is no saint, it does take two to tango — how about more balance in your reporting? Yeah, we’ll stop you all right, you sound like a hack.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
HFD continuing to be upset with Dobeš, one of them just shoved him into his net, enabling a Rocket PP.

However, Simoneau just drew a penalty, so 4 on 4 play.

Game is getting rougher esp. around Dobes’ net — wouldn’t be surprised if a brawl ensues.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
5 mins to go in the game, Laval not threatening enough to tie the score.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
HFD pressure has been relentless in the Rocket zone for the last 5 mins.

Dobes pulled, 1 minute left.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
HFD cameraman with a ton of crowd images, esp honey shots. Super endowed lady wearing a tight white top wins the attention trophy.

And the Rocket lose 2-1. Laval had the most shots, 33-24.

Conclusion: Rocket didn’t do as well as that lady with the white top.

2nd conclusion: the US military uses big ass guns. USA! USA! USA! :sarcasm:

(I’m referring to several US military in camo images shown during stoppages in play — guess you had to see them. Or maybe, not so much).

Last edited:

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Bisson, Stephens, Maillet etc are useless. Davidson and Farrell should have been on during the last minute with Heineman as they are the only forwards with a decent shot.

Reactions: Runner77

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Wish I knew what happened to this team. They seem completely different. Playing themselves further and further away from a playoff spot.
It's a combination of factors. Young team that needs to grow into their games, not super skilled offensively, not a good defensive unit. As a D corp, it is not well balanced. It was when Xhekaj was there. But of course, the guys like Xhekaj and Struble were brought up to the NHL. Barron is not a bad defenseman per say, but he makes a lot of mistakes. Norlinder is just done. He needs to go back to Sweden. Trudeau may yet have potential, but his style of play is just overly represented on that team. I look forward to the next influx of defensive talent on that team. Maybe one more defensive vet to help also...

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The way Lavals defense plays is kind of a caution for everyone who is saying just draft Parekh or Buium.

You can't have that many offensive defenseman with passable or questionable defensive games. Trudeau Mailloux Norlinder Barron in Laval are just too much of the same.

Things will balance nicely whenever Engstrom and Reinbacher arrive. But that would also require moving Norlinder out, which is easy to do as he has stalled progression for awhile now. Trudeau may also see his ice time cut.

Reactions: McGuires Corndog

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
The way Lavals defense plays is kind of a caution for everyone who is saying just draft Parekh or Buium.

You can't have that many offensive defenseman with passable or questionable defensive games. Trudeau Mailloux Norlinder Barron in Laval are just too much of the same.

Things will balance nicely whenever Engstrom and Reinbacher arrive. But that would also require moving Norlinder out, which is easy to do as he has stalled progression for awhile now. Trudeau may also see his ice time cut.

I know BPA and all, but I find it hard to believe it’s in the organizations best interest to go D this year with the glut of forwards in the same “tier” as the D that will be available where we pick.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Delete

I know BPA and all, but I find it hard to believe it’s in the organizations best interest to go D this year with the glut of forwards in the same “tier” as the D that will be available where we pick.
Hypothetical only- Makar was drafted 4th and Cody Glass was drafted 6th. Would you pass on BPA to grab the next best forward? It's dangerous to grab for need...Kotkaniemi was drafted for need.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I like the type of goals that Heineman is scoring. Always in the tough areas and using his quick release.

He just needs to work on his explosiveness and gain some strength. He'll be great on the 3rd line with Roy for years.

McGuires Corndog

Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Delete

Hypothetical only- Makar was drafted 4th and Cody Glass was drafted 6th. Would you pass on BPA to grab the next best forward? It's dangerous to grab for need...Kotkaniemi was drafted for need.

Hindsight is a beautiful thing isn’t it? What about the 3 teams that picked someone before Makar? You know, BPA?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Hindsight is a beautiful thing isn’t it? What about the 3 teams that picked someone before Makar? You know, BPA?
That's a true statement which makes drafting the BPA (according to our scouts) the most viable option.

McGuires Corndog

Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
That's a true statement which makes drafting the BPA (according to our scouts) the most viable option.

The thing is, BPA on draft day is best concensus guess or hunch among your scouts.

If concensus is a D, so be it. My personal belief is that this year the tier of prospects in that 5-8 slot we should draft, BPA is likely a forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad