Laval Rocket: Laval Rocket at Bridgeport Islanders 7:00 pm

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
they started off slow with some poor defensive play but woke up and played a solid road game. I thought Farrell was sharp, Dobes made some big saves, Davidson/Heineman both scored their 10th of the season.

Heineman with 17 goals in 39 AHL games
Simoneau with 72 pts in 109 AHL games
Farrell with 18 pts in 27 games, a .67 ppg

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Reported that there was only around 150 spectators at the game. Playing in Laval is like playing in a different league compared to some of the cities they play in. Xhekaj mentioned it in a interview when he was in Laval and the contrast on playing in some of the places on the road

Reactions: JuicyHam

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Reported that there was only around 150 spectators at the game. Playing in Laval is like playing in a different league compared to some of the cities they play in. Xhekaj mentioned it in a interview when he was in Laval and the contrast on playing in some of the places on the road

I saw the crowd was thin. I couldn't get over how fast the game was moving at least until the 3rd, love it when there's not many stopages.

I've been to a bunch of AHL rinks from philly to Hamilton, it's crazy how some are nice and others look like they were outdated in the '80's. The Pens in Scranton Pa I recall being one of the better rinks and a scenic drive.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Wow. That’s almost their entire population! lol!

I know it sounds strange after they got a shutout, but Laval has to tighten up defensively. They are just horrible. And correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think Gignac has a point since being back. I understand why he was called up, but they should’ve left well enough alone and kept him in the ahl. Unfortunately, the rest of the teams they’re chasing also got points last night.

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
150 seems generous

The "crowd" was announced as 1,414. Bad move by the organization to ditch the Sound Tigers name for the Islanders. There are a lot of people in the area (particularly Rangers fans) who would go root for the Sound Tigers who wouldn't consider rooting for the Islanders.

Reactions: Tyson

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
they started off slow with some poor defensive play but woke up and played a solid road game. I thought Farrell was sharp, Dobes made some big saves, Davidson/Heineman both scored their 10th of the season.

Heineman with 17 goals in 39 AHL games
Simoneau with 72 pts in 109 AHL games
Farrell with 18 pts in 27 games, a .67 ppg

I'm really rooting for Simoneau.

He's basically the same age group as Farrell and Heineman (6 months older), and has similar production to them, but is hardly ever talked about as having an NHL future.

Reactions: montreal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad