Lauri Tukonen

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-SHARKIE

Lauri Tukonen is one of my favroites in this draft. He's also one of the most NHL ready in the draft. He's obviosly has the size for an NHL winger at 6-2 207. He's great with the puck and away from the puck.... The rep on him coming into the year was that he was a very fast and lively skater with good puck skills. He reminded some of Teemu because of his finishing skills....great moves and a great shot. But this year I have seen a physical side to Lauri that no one else seems to take a shine to. Lauri loves the rough stuff...he gives hits and takes them when he needs to....Lauri was dominating in the corners at the WJC's and has been putting on a show at the U-18's I hear from friends.

Obviosly your a smart man...Simpsons avatar :handclap: and I believe your thinking that the Pens may trade down? if they did and Tukonen was there man you would not be disapointed with your first round selection :)

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
I too like Tukonen. On the Coyotes board, people keep likening him to Freddie Sjostrom, which is why some of us are weary of picking him. He is one of 3 guys I would pick at the #5 slot (outside of Barker, Ovechkin and Malkin). The other two are Ladd and Olesz. If Tukonen can perform well against Russia, he immediately becomes the #1 of those 3. The biggest knock on him is that he only shows up against weak opponents and disappears against the tougher teams. I'd really like to see Finland go far in this tourney, if only to see what Tukonen can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->