Lauri Tukonen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
I know there used to be a pretty common update on how hes been playing this year... but where have they gone? Whats his game been like of late? Can anyone give me an update? Has his ice time gone up since the WJC or scoring production?

FINNtastic

Apr 24, 2004
Tukonen is trying his best at a underachieving team. His icetime is about the same than before the WJC, maybe it has even decreased a bit. He plays about 8-14 minutes per game mainly in the 3rd and 4th lines, as you might have realized he doesn't really get any time on special teams. There's definately not enough creative freedom (if at all) when you're playing in the bottom two lines. It's all about playing it safe without any risks. That's the thing that worries me the most,a player with Lauri's potential should get more responsibility with the puck (hope you know what I mean). Otherwise he'll turn out to be a typical 2-way forward with lost/unused (offensive) potential.
Tukonen's stats are slightly disappointing to me personnally but considering the team he plays in and his role it's quite understandable (39gp 5g 5a 10pts -4 10pim 95shots 5,26s%). He's currently 10th in the team scoring behind the likes of Ladislav Kohn (45g 42pts),Donald MacLean(45g 33pts) and Landon Wilson(35g 19pts). It would be interesting to see what Lauri could do playing with Mike Ribeiro (10g 10pts) and f.e. L.Kohn... :dunno:

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
Thanks guys, this is slightly dissapointing, hopefully for Lauri's sake they give him some more ice time. I dont think a year on the 4th line will harm him much anyways but I would like to see him get at least the odd PP time and some other opportunities to use his offence. Does Ryan Malone still play with the BLues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->