Lauri Tukonen vs. Jiri Tlusty

RightKinger

Apr 25, 2006
Los Angeles
Who will be the better player overall? Who will score more points/goals?
I think they are very similar and play the same style of game. They are both pretty safe bets to make it to the NHL but who will be better?

TopProspect91

Registered Abuser
Sep 11, 2004
Toronto
Yeah, can't say anything right now. Tlusty was playing with men over in Europe at the age of 17 and 18 and still managed to put some points up which isan't too bad. He's coming over to NA this year and is likely going to be playing in the Soo, so lets wait till he's played a full year there and then re-visit this question. :)

Pigking

Jul 22, 2006
I havent seen enough of Jiri Tlusty to make decision but i will if he doesnt make the leafs but what ive heard is that he will be in the OHL

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
^ Yep.

Tukonen is good though - a nice looking prospect. They need to draft a defenseman now. :amazed:

Rand

Oct 17, 2002
AskMe
Tukonen is further devloped but to be honest I really haven't been very impressed with him as yet, I have my doubts he'll be more then a checking line guy.

Tlusty... hard to judge so far, haven't really seen him much outside the World Under 18's. I'm quite fond of the pick so far relative to others available at the time, but I don't see his upside as quite as high as most others appear to.
Tlusty is coming over to North America for this season so it'll be considerably easier to judge after the season.
Presumably headed to the OHL,the AHL is an option but given his age and inability to speak english I'd be loath to throw him into a professional environment in Canada too rapidly, it seems likely the OHL would be better for his emotional growth as a player at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->