Lauri Tukonen potential?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hug Ben Laf

#86 #10 #13
Mar 22, 2002
Im the guy next door
Hey guys. Im currenty pretty hight on Tukonen and wonder what the guy potential can be in NHL? Can he be the next Kurri/Selanne? Does the have Selanne wheels? Once in a decade there are a forward from Finland that do wonders. The 80s saw Kurri, the 90s saw Selanne can the 2000 be Tukonen?

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Naoned Citizen said:
For the 2000', I'd take Lehtonen, Pitkanen or Ruutu over Tukonen

I think he is referring to a high energy level forward.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I don't think Tukonen is anywhere near the class of Selanne or Kurri.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Ironically, I'm wearing a Jari Kurri jersey right now. Maybe it's a sign.

He's got good wheels and good size. Never have seen him play, though. I'd like the Pens to get him, but it seems pretty much impossible.

At this point it's too hard to project the 'next' so and so. It should be changed to the 'next' player like so and so. And I wouldn't start labeling the players the 'next' like so and so until they play a few NHL years.

...I'd like to hear some opinions on Tukonen from some of you in Finland who see him play a lot (ie, I'm not looking for the opinions of the several of you who have likely seen at least one game thanks to WJC's).

FacelessButcher

Sep 20, 2003
Edmonton
MrKnowNothing said:
...I'd like to hear some opinions on Tukonen from some of you in Finland who see him play a lot (ie, I'm not looking for the opinions of the several of you who have likely seen at least one game thanks to WJC's).
We do have a Finland board if that's who you were looking to talk to directly.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I know, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of traffic on the international boards, besides maybe a few.

I was just mentioning it in case anyone saw it or something.

Spiffy

Hokay said:
Tukonen is way more physical then Selanne and Kurri. He's gonna be excellent offensively with a physical touch IMO.
Here's an almost completly correct quote from Teemu's draft year card...

"Teemu Selänne could play a Jeremy Roenick kind of game and still get 30 goals, but why do that when he can play this kind of game and get 60?" it was said by whoever was the WPG GM at that time.

Teemu knew how to throw his body around when he was young and there was some glimpses of that in his last season with the sharks as well.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
MrKnowNothing said:
I know, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of traffic on the international boards, besides maybe a few.

I was just mentioning it in case anyone saw it or something.

Finland gets pretty moderate traffic compared to the other countries on the boards.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
The biggest thing I noticed about him was that he looked rather small. If I hadn't known beforehand that he was 6'3", I would have guessed he wasn't more than 5'10".

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
He sounds like exactly the kind of player the Oilers are looking for.. a sniping forward with a bit of size. Where does everyone project him to land in the draft? I've read a lot of reports expecting him to go from around 7-14.. that's pretty much right where the Oilers are picking and thus I'm really hoping they select him come draft day. We've had some success with Fins before.. :D

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
He does in the old HF picture. I'm hoping he's ditched the fem hair and the lipstick by now.

Spiffy

Big Kov said:
i just know one thing bout the guy. hes looks like a woman.
Which could be a good sign.... Teemu Selänne didn't look very masculine as a teen either :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->