Latest Team Canada Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

peacefrogdog

Mar 15, 2002
Visit site
lines on Wed

In Ottawa, the lines were (in no particular order):

Richards - Lemieux - St Louis (was firing by the 3rd period)
Smyth - Lecavalier - Heatley (very effective)
Morrow - Thornton - Doan (not very effective, but stirred it up a bit)
Marleau - Sakic - Iginla (effective, except Marleau)

gagne, Maltby, Draper sat

My guess is the first two lines I listed will stay intact. Marleau needs to step it up. I'm not sure how Thornton will fit in unless he picks it up a bit.

big_steve

Dec 6, 2003
Newfoundland
Bad news- the lines stink for the most part. Good News- they probably won't stay together.

Here's me lines(ha ha Newfie talk) against Slovakia & if they're going with
Lemieux-Sakic-Iginla:
^^^^
Richards-Thornton-St. Louis
Smyth(the coach staff really is nuts if he don't play)-Lecavalier-Heatley
Gagne-Draper-Doan
5th Line: Maltby-Marleau-Morrow

This is only for the game against Slovakia. I figured that they should try out Thornton with St. Louis and Richards adding more of a physical presence. I also put Gagne on the checking line just to see how it works out. Also, don't blame all of this on Pat Quinn. I'm sure Martin, Hitchcock, & Fleming have something to do with the bad lines that have been put together. I'm also beginning to like Joe Thornton's chances of sitting in the press box. Truthfully, I don't really like the lines that I got there but I wouldn't mind them being together for the game against Slovakia.

The coaching staff needs to stop looking for other options. If a line looks good like Smyth-Lecavalier-Heatley then stick with it or if you're gonna change it make it better then Draper-Lecavalier-Heatley. I don't line Thornton on the bottom line. Don't really mind him with Doan but Maltby!? That's definitely a notch down from his former linemates in Boston.

Vic Rattlehead*

Johnny said:
Then one of the leagues future superstars should take matters into his own hands and show why he belongs in at the very least the top 6 by his performance on the ice...Rather then belonging just because he's one of the leagues future superstars... poor, poor Joe, has to play with Doan and Maltby, what a crime, hopefully some of their work ethic rubs off on one of the leagues future superstars.
I would be estatic if that happened. Joe needs a better work ethic.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
To tell you the truth, as long as they have it figured out by Tuesday, try everything between now and then to get the right combos. Truthfully, as long as Morrow, Draper , and Maltby are on the checking line, and nothing higher, WE WILL have 3 pretty powerful scoring lines. Plane leaves in exactly 24 hrs,

GO CANADA GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 :banana:

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
i think a game in the pressbox would do thornton some good. these games dont count right now anyways. let him think about his role for a game, and then hopefully he'll come out with a burr under his saddle for the next game. ideally, i would love to see him throwing his weight around and setting up plays for his wingers (specifically heatley)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad