Latest NHL Proposal Rejected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lanny MacDonald*

And the players think they will have any credibility by dismissing this offer so quickly? Let them twist in the wind. Bring on the replacements.

ChiHawks468

Jan 19, 2005
Aurora, IL
They may be basing that off of the misreported "breakoff" of talks. Not sure why the NHLPA would go back in the room if this were true.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Who actually believed they were ever gonna take that deal? Especially at this point in the lockout. This should not surprise anyone in the least bit.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
PitkanenPower said:
Ok, so now Leafs Lunch just announced the proposal has been rejected. I think they just said it's "unofficial" though.

yep , ol bill watters just said ''go find something else to do for 3 months''

its over , put it to bed

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
they can reject the offer and still keep talking about it...it's just saying we wont' accept it as is, but if we can change this here and do that there...

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Isles72 said:
yep , ol bill watters just said ''go find something else to do for 3 months''

its over , put it to bed

I've been as optimistic as they come, but even I must admit it looks pretty much over. I never believed these factions could be so utterly STUPID, but once again I made the mistake of overestimating their intelligence.

I was hoping my 4000th post would have some sort of happy ending. Ah well.

Lanny MacDonald*

Jobu said:
And you think you have credibility for assuming out-of-hand that this proposal makes any sense to players? Climb up from under Bettman's desk and try a bit of objectivity.

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=127205

Frankly I no longer give two craps about the players. For too many years these guys have made it too easy to not like them. This is just the icing on the cake. It used to be that NHL players were different from other professional athletes and we in touch with reality and common man. That just doesn't happen any more. They're all a bunch of primadonnas who are only concerned about making big money. The game and the fans don't matter.

I think it is you that should try some objectivity. I think YOU should consider how this would play out if it were your league and it were your money that was being spent. I'm pretty sure you'd have a different outlook and would abandon your pubescent hero worship.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Would everyone just calm down, were you all expecting the players to just take the proposal and just be on their merry way, be real, they're still talking, and that should clue everyone in that they're working this out, it was a given that the players were going to make changes to the owners proposals, the owners i'm sure expected it, the players did, I don't see why the media and some posters here can't see that as well, if it was that easy, this would of been settled months ago... :shakehead

Calm down!

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
417 TO MTL said:
Would everyone just calm down, were you all expecting the players to just take the proposal and just be on their merry way, be real, they're still talking, and that should clue everyone in that they're working this out, it was a given that the players were going to make changes to the owners proposals, the owners i'm sure expected it, the players did, I don't see why the media and some posters here can't see that as well, if it was that easy, this would of been settled months ago... :shakehead

Calm down!

You're probably right...I guess this whole 'process' is wearing me a tad thin.

If I hear the following words any more, I'm gonna wig out:

-cost certainty
-non starter
-insulted
-Al Strachan
-Chris Chelios
-Glenn Healy
-Stan Fischler
-Larry Brooks

Ismellofhockey

Mar 31, 2002
Visit site
Jobu said:
And you think you have credibility for assuming out-of-hand that this proposal makes any sense to players? Climb up from under Bettman's desk and try a bit of objectivity.

Get off your high horse and take a look at what the rest of us are seeing:

The NHL has locked out the players because they're losing too much money.

The only way to remedy this system is being refused by the players despite access under the new proposal to the teams' books, despite profit sharing beyong a certain threshold and despite a salary cap level that would maintain them as millionaires.

I just don't see what the players are refusing in this offer. They're not even willing to negotiate on the piece of the pie they'd be sharing with the owners, they simply don't want to share.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Ismellofhockey said:
Get off your high horse and take a look at what the rest of us are seeing:

The NHL has locked out the players because they're losing too much money.

The only way to remedy this system is being refused by the players despite access under the new proposal to the teams' books, despite profit sharing beyong a certain threshold and despite a salary cap level that would maintain them as millionaires.

I just don't see what the players are refusing in this offer. They're not even willing to negotiate on the piece of the pie they'd be sharing with the owners, they simply don't want to share.
Well said!

Sammy*

Jobu said:

Grow up. Yeah , the players are a bunch of idealogues. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nope, they just want to be able to make millions more than the owners can afford and dont give a damn about the longterm health of the league as a whole. Anybody who thinks the league can continue on with the owners making no profit is either stupid or doesnt give a damn about the health of the league as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->