Latendresse VS Vanek

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBrown23*

why do you even ask...

vanek for sure... stop with these silly stuff

Jaysfanatic*

Madevilz said:
Vanek, he has one year of professional experience. He's more ready right now than Latendresse.

Not only that, but he's going to have a better career than Latendresse, the thought of Vanek not having a better career is laughable and you're only fooling yourself.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Gottokeeponrisin said:
Vanek is a Marian Hossa in mold.

I pick Vanek quite easily at this point but in no way would I compare him to Hossa. Hossa is a top 5 talent while I don't see Vanek every even coming close to that.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
sabrefan27 said:
Well, you're wrong then.

You're trying to tell me that Vanek will someday be a top 5 player in the league? I don't think so. But hey, I would love for it to happen because I picked him in a keeper league this year in the first round.

I really like Vanek and think he will be an All-Star but he's just not at the same level as the Iginla's.

SoCalSharkzFan

Jun 24, 2004
The True Man's World
Vanek easily. Didnt even have to think about it, and Im pretty sure most if not all of you didnt need to think about it either.

I don't know what's funnier, this thread, or the Habs fans reading this thread banging their heads on the table. 5th overall pick who's looking pretty good, a lock to make the big club vs. a mid 2nd rounder who might not even make the big club. :help:

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Tuggy said:
You're trying to tell me that Vanek will someday be a top 5 player in the league? I don't think so. But hey, I would love for it to happen because I picked him in a keeper league this year in the first round.

I really like Vanek and think he will be an All-Star but he's just not at the same level as the Iginla's.
Well I can easily see him leading the NHL in goals, but that really isn't that good.

loadie

Official Beer Taster
Sponsor
Jan 1, 2003
New Brunswick
Devilsfanatic said:
Not only that, but he's going to have a better career than Latendresse, the thought of Vanek not having a better career is laughable and you're only fooling yourself.

That is a very broad based opinion isn't it? How can you compare players that are not only 3 years apart, but neither has did anything in the NHL? Vanek is the better talent right now, but over a career? Who knows? If you have a sale on crystal balls, I'd love to have one, my office hockey pool is starting soon. :sarcasm:

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
SoCalSharkzFan said:
Vanek easily. Didnt even have to think about it, and Im pretty sure most if not all of you didnt need to think about it either.

I don't know what's funnier, this thread, or the Habs fans reading this thread banging their heads on the table. :help:

:D

I got home from football the other night and looked up the scores from the Habs/Lightning game. I saw that Tender got 2G and 1A and I was "Well that's good and then I thought oh boy here we go....all hail King Tender"

It's tough to go through some of the threads but it's to be expected I suppose. 18 year old french kid lighting it up at camp. I'll be glad when he's sent down and we can just look ahead to the season.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
sabrefan27 said:
Well I can easily see him leading the NHL in goals, but that really isn't that good.

Whatever man, I just said he wouldn't be a TOP 5 talent in the league. i.e he won't be winning any Hart trophies in his career.

loadie

Official Beer Taster
Sponsor
Jan 1, 2003
New Brunswick
SoCalSharkzFan said:

I don't know what's funnier, this thread, or the Habs fans reading this thread banging their heads on the table. :help:

And why would we be doing that? From what I see, all the Hab fans have picked Vanek in this thread. In 6 years..... who knows.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Tuggy said:
Whatever man, I just said he wouldn't be a TOP 5 talent in the league. i.e he won't be winning any Hart trophies in his career.
I don't see Hossa winning any Hart Trophies either, so I guess he's right on track.

SoCalSharkzFan

Jun 24, 2004
The True Man's World
loadie said:
That is a very broad based opinion isn't it? How can you compare players that are not only 3 years apart, but neither has did anything in the NHL? Vanek is the better talent right now, but over a career? Who knows? If you have a sale on crystal balls, I'd love to have one, my office hockey pool is starting soon. :sarcasm:

Vanek is arguably the best pure goal scoring prospect in the league. At least thats how I feel. Even if Latendresse develops into a good player, Vanek is almost certain to become a top tier, if not elite player. :clap:

SoCalSharkzFan

Jun 24, 2004
The True Man's World
loadie said:
And why would we be doing that? From what I see, all the Hab fans have picked Vanek in this thread. In 6 years..... who knows.

What I meant was the Habs fan's were banging their heads on the table that this thread was even made, because they know how silly it looks.

CRAZY_FAN

Aug 26, 2002
Quebec
Vanek right now but who really knows in 5 years :dunno: .

Here's a list of top 5 talent in there draft year that turn into bust or did not live up to their potential :

Daigle
Gratton
R. Niedermayer
Bonk
Bonsignore
Berg
Kilger
Zyuzin
Phillips
Dumont
Volchkov
Stefan