Status
Not open for further replies.

Kvashinator12

Feb 27, 2002
United States
Visit site
habfan4 said:
You're preaching to the choir....

The kid will be dressed for tomorrow nights game against the Leafs, no matter how he does I'll open a thread on the Isles board and give you a full report :D

Thank you please, and i want daily updates and scores from all the European Judges on Mike Ribieros Triple axles and Triple Lutzes that he performs.

habfan4

Jul 16, 2002
Deus Amat Pretzel
Visit site
Kvashinator12 said:
Thank you please, and i want daily updates and scores from all the European Judges on Mike Ribieros Triple axles and Triple Lutzes that he performs.

Excellent choice, the threatrics of Mickey Ribs will compliment the unbounded optimism for Mons. G. Latendresse in my exhaustive reports.

MontrealCruiser_83*

Hyped said:
I don't think anyone is dismissing what Latendresse did last night. They just don't want it shoved down their throat...
Well then they don't have to open the damn thread.

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
Kvashinator12 said:
Well how about it's tough when you need a good dose of Montreal fans comedy. I hear Patrick Traverse is having a huge preseason as well.

Need a clue? Shhhhhh, don't tell the Kvashinator12...

but Traverse is no longer a Prospect.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Rick Middleton said:

Jason MacIssac said:
Had Crosby been in the 2006 draft Latendresse would have been my pick to be 1st overall going into his draft year

First, he's a devils fan.

Second, he just said "going into his draft year". I realize it's not everyone who can be knowledgeable about such things, but Latendresse was drafted 2nd in the Q after Crosby. One year ago, going into his draft year, Latendresse was fighting with Brule for that 2nd overall spot behind Crosby. So it's a perfectly legit claim to make. I would have picked him 2nd overall as well one year ago, and I suspect he would have gone MUCH MUCH higher than he did.

Third, to say you would have picked him after X prospect is in no way a comparison to said prospect.

So in your haste to ridicule habs fans you kinda missed the boat on that one.

Naoned

E = CH² said:
First, he's a devils fan.

Second, he just said "going into his draft year". I realize it's not everyone who can be knowledgeable about such things, but Latendresse was drafted 2nd in the Q after Crosby. One year ago, going into his draft year, Latendresse was fighting with Brule for that 2nd overall spot behind Crosby. So it's a perfectly legit claim to make. I would have picked him 2nd overall as well one year ago, and I suspect he would have gone MUCH MUCH higher than he did.

Third, to say you would have picked him after X prospect is in no way a comparison to said prospect.

So in your haste to ridicule habs fans you kinda missed the boat on that one.
Agreed. I made a little research on this board, and many posters had him drafted between 2nd 5th one year ago. His stocked dropped dramatically, but he was touted as a can't miss top 5.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Rick Middleton said:
I personally think it's a disease that afflicts all Hab fans at one point in time or another. A complete loss of all reason and ability to think rationally. :sarcasm: ;)
1.maybe it's because habs fans live for hockey actually play the game of hockey dust having *passion* for the game instead of all the nerds here who go on hockeydb all day long and then critise every proposal, opinion or wishful thought , 2nd. he's from here and we wanted a hometown hero forward for a long time, plus he's a powerforward witch we don't have in our farm at all, unless Ferland is one?

no wonder your angry your a Devils fan, your over the cap with a crappy team who lost 2 of there 3 great players this summer and signed players for twice there worth :help:

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
I agree that the hype surrounding Latendresse is getting blown way out of proportion right now. He had a splendid rookie tournament, showed promising signs in intra-squad games, and played a wonderful game last night (I was at the Bell Centre last night and I can confirm how impressive he was). With that being said, I'm starting to think he may be getting too much talk on HF as of late. There are some reasons to be excited about this prospect, but please, let him at least prove he can be dominant on a regular basis before calling him the second coming of Todd Bertuzzi in every thread.

I think he should go back in Drummondville and lead his team to the QJMHL championship, be a leader and come back even more NHL-ready in 2006, with even more maturity, confidence and leadership to show for it. For now, let him at least 4 or 5 more pre-season games and (hopefully) a few regular season games before making an appropriate judgement on just how good he really is at the moment.

All in all, some might say he is rapidly getting too much hype and I won't deny that. However, after watching him control the pace of the game last night, I can assure you that Guillaume is for real. Wether he'll be able to showcase his talent in the big league as soon as this season, in 2006-07 or later remains to be seen though.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Marcel the great! said:
1.maybe it's because habs fans live for hockey actually play the game of hockey dust having *passion* for the game instead of all the nerds here who go on hockeydb all day long and then critise every proposal, opinion or wishful thought , 2nd. he's from here and we wanted a hometown hero forward for a long time, plus he's a powerforward witch we don't have in our farm at all, unless Ferland is one?

no wonder your angry your a Devils fan, your over the cap with a crappy team who lost 2 of there 3 great players this summer and signed players for twice there worth :help:

Really? If the Devils had Elias for the begining of the season, they'd be my favorite for the Cup

loadie

Official Beer Taster
Sponsor
Jan 1, 2003
New Brunswick
Jon Prescription said:
This thread is ridiculous.

I've read it over 3 or so times just because it's so funny.

Wow....you have so much time on your hands, you even painted yourself Gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad