Latendresse Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anksun

Dec 13, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Sammy said:
The difference is you dont see Sabre fans drooling every time one of their boys gets a few points.

Oh come on. I understand it can be annoying but you know why it's like it is...

Middle afternoon:

Habs board: Currently active users: 140
Sabres board: Currently active users: 16

Those sabres fans are as happy with Vanek as the habs fans are about Latendresse... but the ratio there is 11 for 100.
Hell, there's about 9500 THREADS on the habs boards right now. That's about 1000 MORE than on the NHL talk board. Obviously, you gonna have some more people to get excited about the habs prospects. In fact, by looking at the number of threads about the habs prospects on the PROSPECTS board VS the numbers of habs fans posters on this site, it could be FAR worst.

HabsSlappy

Jul 30, 2005
Ontario
I admit that some people are taking it overboard. I myself have had to take a breath and look at the big picture here. I just don't see why people are bashing Habs fans who are excited about their 18 year old PROSPECT that was drafted in the middle of the second round. Many teams passed him up. He has had a great camp and had a great game yesterday. He looks like he may be the kind of player that the Habs have lacked in the past decade.

It is not silly for Montreal fans to think that they have the next Cam Neely here. Don't bother writing "He isn't going to be like Cam Neely". Chances are he won't be like Neely (Seabass himself!). But if he were on your team wouldn't you be excited about the possibilities? Wouldn't you want to show faith in your young prospect on the prospect board?

Habs fans are crazy. They live for the CH. They say men think about sex every 6 seconds or something like that. Well for me and alot of the other Montreal fans, we fill in the gaps between the sex thoughts obsessing about our team.

So please stop the bashing...Who knows, you may have your thread 4 years from now saying how much of a bust he is. But for now, he deserves a thread here in the PROSPECT board.

predz

Oct 8, 2004
Longueuil
Rick Middleton said:
I personally think it's a disease that afflicts all Hab fans at one point in time or another. A complete loss of all reason and ability to think rationally. :sarcasm: ;)

So I guess you are aloud to flame if you put the sarcasm smilie at the end? I'll keep that in mind...

habfan4

Jul 16, 2002
Deus Amat Pretzel
Visit site
predz said:
So I guess you are aloud to flame if you put the sarcasm smilie at the end? I'll keep that in mind...

It's not a flame as Rick was quoting/responding to me and we engage in this type of friendly mindless banter all the time. Feel free to stop by the Politics Board to see more of it first hand.

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
Predz, if you guys are gonna open threads like this, you'll need a little thicker skin...Obviously, my reference to Bourque having a 3-pt 1st night and going directly to the HHOF was sarcasm...THIS is NOT bashing, just having a little fun.
By the way, being in a Original 6 city & not playing Montreal, Toronto, Boston, really bites.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Kvashinator12 said:
should i start my own Chris Campoli thread for having a great game last night and being a 7th rounder? It's preseason.

You're comparing an 87 born (Latendresse) to an 84 born (Campoli) player...

If Campoli would of scored 4pts in his 1st ever game as an 18yr old regardless of the competition, you'd start a thread too, don't even try to deny it, and so would anyother fan of their respective team too...don't try to knock Habs fans for doing exactly what any fan would do...

Yeah, yeah, it's just preseason it doesn't mean everything, I think every Habs fan understands that, however.

Don't try to say what Latendresse did last night isin't worthy of a thread, fact is he was a junior aged player, so what if Tampa Bay had a B squad, it rarely happens for 18yr old players to come in and play so well vs. pro competition...Wasn't the team that the Lightning iced last night, better than any junior team latendress has ever and will ever face? Wasn't the team Tampa bay iced at least at an ECHL level?

Everyone here is saying this bull**** about it just being preseason, that's great, and I agree to a certain point, but it's still a 18yr old kid playing vs. mainly men, that's probably the highest competition he's faced in his career to date...

I agree, it's not time to get carried away with last nights performance, but alot of you are just pure hating right now by completely dismissing what he did, that's not fair.

Hyped

Feb 27, 2002
Tombstone
Visit site
417 TO MTL said:

If Campoli would of scored 4pts in his 1st ever game as an 18yr old regardless of the competition, you'd start a thread too, don't even try to deny it, and so would anyother fan of their respective team too...don't try to knock Habs fans for doing exactly what any fan would do...

Yeah, yeah, it's just preseason it doesn't mean everything, I think every Habs fan understands that, however.

Don't try to say what Latendresse did last night isin't worthy of a thread, fact is he was a junior aged player, so what if Tampa Bay had a B squad, it rarely happens for 18yr old players to come in and play so well vs. pro competition...Wasn't the team that the Lightning iced last night, better than any junior team latendress has ever and will ever face? Wasn't the team Tampa bay iced at least at an ECHL level?

Everyone here is saying this bull**** about it just being preseason, that's great, and I agree to a certain point, but it's still a 18yr old kid playing vs. mainly men, that's probably the highest competition he's faced in his career to date...

I agree, it's not time to get carried away with last nights performance, but alot of you are just pure hating right now by completely dismissing what he did, that's not fair.

I don't think anyone is dismissing what Latendresse did last night. They just don't want it shoved down their throat...

MM425

Aug 14, 2005
I'm playing the devil's advocate here:

As a habs fan, I do beleive that the french media do over-react many times when it comes to a french player, as is the case with Latandresse.

I've got a question for all the negative posters: where do you see anybody comparing Latandresse to Crosby, or saying hes gonna dominate this year...

All people are doing is praising this kid for stellar play, and specutlating based on his stellar play that he is gonna be a big part of the habs future... is that not reasonable.

Rick Middleton

May 14, 2002
Ottawa, ON
Mackattack said:
I've got a question for all the negative posters: where do you see anybody comparing Latandresse to Crosby, or saying hes gonna dominate this year...

http://www2.hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=3517990&postcount=55

he is the best prospect as for now in the entire league and you guys just has to eat it that's all!!!

not saying he is gretzky but damn the best prospect for now deserves a big thread of him self in the prospect board

http://www2.hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=3518523&postcount=66

Had Crosby been in the 2006 draft Latendresse would have been my pick to be 1st overall going into his draft year

X-SHARKIE

I'm glad I took him 19th in my keeper league, I love his style of play, and after his playoff performance last year and U-18's... I saw he's a competitive player capable of taking his game to the next level when need be.

He could be special.

I still think the Habs shouldn't rush him though and let him go to the Q.

Kvashinator12

Feb 27, 2002
United States
Visit site
417 TO MTL said:

I just think people are sick of every other thread being Latendresse, and Latendresse, and Latendresse. He is being blown up here more than Crosby. Justin Papineau had 4 goals in a preseason game his rookie year. Stop the press.

CH Wizard

Some guys here should calm down...I really think, it'd be good to Latendresse to go in the Q to improve his flaws even more. His skating needs work...but he improved no doubt. I've been really impressed by his performance too but it's only pre season and he'll have to show consistency because every could be on fire, in a pre season game. If he produces like hell against Toronto or another team, I'd seriously consider him staying (if I was Julien).

He deserves some hype but not that much, he impressed alot for a 18 years old though!!! I think, he'll do fine!

habfan4

Jul 16, 2002
Deus Amat Pretzel
Visit site
Kvashinator12 said:
I just think people are sick of every other thread being Latendresse, and Latendresse, and Latendresse. He is being blown up here more than Crosby. Justin Papineau had 4 goals in a preseason game his rookie year. Stop the press.

I think it's fair to say that the volume and hyperbole generated by a few posters is annoying. I wish those posters would simply bump an existing Latendresse thread, instead they create a new one on the Habs board, the prospects board and the NHL Talk board.

Kvashinator12

Feb 27, 2002
United States
Visit site
habfan4 said:
I think it's fair to say that the volume and hyperbole generated by a few posters is annoying. I wish those posters would simply bump an existing Latendresse thread, instead they create a new one on the Habs board, the prospects board and the NHL Talk board.

Exactly my point, is there a need for a new thread everytime someone has a huge game that is a rookie. If wyatt smith scores 8 goals tonight, shall we start a thread about it?

TSV

Aug 6, 2005
Montreal
he'll play next game vs the Leafs with Ribs and Dagenais.

Give him alot of preseason games and will see. But for the team (alot of yougnster ready to step up like Perez, Higgins, Hossa and maybe Plekanec), it's better to give him one more year in the Q. Next year, if he perform and got better, we would find a spot with no problem !!

habfan4

Jul 16, 2002
Deus Amat Pretzel
Visit site
Kvashinator12 said:
Exactly my point, is there a need for a new thread everytime someone has a huge game that is a rookie. If wyatt smith scores 8 goals tonight, shall we start a thread about it?

You're preaching to the choir....

The kid will be dressed for tomorrow nights game against the Leafs, no matter how he does I'll open a thread on the Isles board and give you a full report :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->