Latendresse Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

syc

Aug 25, 2003
Not Europe
Visit site
loudi94 said:
I'm sure he won't be as productive as Czerkawski or Kilger were for the Habs, but he'll just have to do. ;)

People are down on Czerkawski way too much here. He could have a great year if he feels like it and could prove many wrong. I'll take his 30 goals and poor defensive play as long as Belfour stays healthy.

Guy Caballero

Nov 15, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
waffledave said:
*sigh*

I knew this would happen the minute a French young kid played a good game...I knew the fans would jump all over him like he was the next Guy Lafleur and come to save hockey in Montreal.

He had ONE good preseason game. He is definately NOT playing in the NHL this year. I was at the game, and I'll tell you right now that he's not NHL ready. His skating IS an issue. Not in terms of speed, but in the sense that I saw him fall down like 6 times.
I'm not saying his heritage isn't a factor, but I think a lot of Hab fans are pumped about the idea of a 6'2''/220 lb goal-scorer finally panning out for the Habs. We've been waiting for that player since the early 90s.

Guy Caballero

Nov 15, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Color@do @v@l@nche said:
Latendresse as hyped as Crosby :eek:
Hardly, but a possible 30-goal-scoring big man is nothing to sneeze at either.

Hab fans' enthusiasm for Latendresse is sort of like that warm glow you get when you find a $20 on the sidewalk. "Hey, that's nice. Wasn't expecting that!"

habsforlife

May 10, 2005
come on guys!!!!!

a prospect gets a 3 points day and were directly responsible for 5 goals out of 6 and its not good enough to put it in the propect board???

then he'll get a 60 points season and we'll be able to put something in the national league talks and then somebody will say only one good year.

he is the best prospect as for now in the entire league and you guys just has to eat it that's all!!!

not saying he is gretzky but damn the best prospect for now deserves a big thread of him self in the prospect board.

and yes its a great way to put everyone back to their seats with lots of people saying habs had a bad draft.

again im not overhyping latendresse right now, he played great and deserves to be said, thats all...

and was not just a 3 point game, he created space on the ice with big hits.

again he's not lemieux but he plays great and deserves to be mentioned.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Guy Caballero said:
Hardly, but a possible 30-goal-scoring big man is nothing to sneeze at either.

Hab fans' enthusiasm for Latendresse is sort of like that warm glow you get when you find a $20 on the sidewalk. "Hey, that's nice. Wasn't expecting that!"

I would take Latendresse over Paul Stastny, but Colorado didn't take him and i was sarcastic about latendresse hype, always good to see young players developing/playing well.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
habsforlife said:
come on guys!!!!!

he is the best prospect as for now in the entire league and you guys just has to eat it that's all!!!

not saying he is gretzky but damn the best prospect for now deserves a big thread of him self in the prospect board.

and yes its a great way to put everyone back to their seats with lots of people saying habs had a bad draft.

again im not overhyping latendresse right now, he played great and deserves to be said, thats all...

I would take Crosby,Ovechkin,Malkin and many more over Latendresse. He's NOT BEST PROSPECT, no way in hell.

And i truly hope you were sarcastic. :propeller

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
habsforlife said:
come on guys!!!!!

a prospect gets a 3 points day and were directly responsible for 5 goals out of 6 and its not good enough to put it in the propect board???
come on man !!! Kuleshov got 2 goals against Belfour and regular Dallas D in preseason :biglaugh:

habsforlife

May 10, 2005
Color@do @v@l@nche said:
I would take Crosby,Ovechkin,Malkin and many more over Latendresse. He's NOT BEST PROSPECT, no way in hell.

And i truly hope you were sarcastic. :propeller

come on i was not talking about those big guns!

but still a 2nd rounder comes out of nowhere and putting on a show.

the main point was that he deserves the hypes and also deserves a thread for it. thats all!

Rayne*

Latendresse is a BIG part of Montreal's future. In 1-2 years, he'll have a permanent spot on the roster, and he'll be an integral part in Montreal's success in the years to come.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
As long as those threads stay in Montreal boards that's fine but why start them on Prospect boards? Do you guys really need a confirmation from other teams fans that Latendresse will be good, does it make you feel better? Same was with Kostsitsyn. It was Tampa's "C" squad for God's sake, just like Kostsitsyn scored against American junior team. Sure it's nice that he's got a good camp and a nice preseason, let him build from there and dominate QMJHL this year. Right now he is a PROJECT just like he was before the training camp. It's ok if you believe that he'll make the NHL some day but threads like this make us Habs fans look really bad.

mytor4*

Attica said:
This is how it starts.

"better than koivu"

"Skating not an issue"

"playing like a first round pick" <---I'll break that one down for ya, that term means that he is playing as well as Sidney Crosby, Rick Nash, AO, are. This is factually incorrect, Latendresse is a great prospect, and he fits right in in montreal, but please guys, don't be idiots, as a lot of you are very close.

Luc Bourdon is playing excellent as well, but exhibition IS NOT the NHL.

If Latendresse scores 60 points and does all the things you say he will, then let the Latendresse HJs begin, but at this point, lets just sit back and watch the kid.

and yes, skating IS and issue.

you call that breaking it down.read will you. he said playing like a first rd pick, not the first overall pick.that means playing as well as brule or kopitar .

Hemsky4PM

Jun 25, 2003
Billeting Ales
Visit site
As a non-Habs fan, after seeing the highlights of that game, I can definately see Latendresse cracking the Habs this season. Stats are stats, but skill is skill. Latendresse's pass to Bonk and his goal were top notch NHL moves. He's listed at 6-1 and 216 so size shouldn't be an issue at all. I don't think it's a stretch to say that he could have a Patrice Bergeron type impace at 18. The Canadiens have the luxury, like Boston did, of not rushing him into a premier role on the club. He had some good chemistry with Bonk and Hossa. That has the makings of a fine 3rd line. The Canadiens can go with:

Kovalev- Koivu- Zednik
Bulis- Ribiero- Ryder
Hossa- Bonk- Latendresse

That's probably the best 3 lines on one team in terms of offensive possibilities in the NE division.

Johnny99*

Hemsky4PM said:
As a non-Habs fan, after seeing the highlights of that game, I can definately see Latendresse cracking the Habs this season. Stats are stats, but skill is skill. Latendresse's pass to Bonk and his goal were top notch NHL moves. He's listed at 6-1 and 216 so size shouldn't be an issue at all. I don't think it's a stretch to say that he could have a Patrice Bergeron type impace at 18. The Canadiens have the luxury, like Boston did, of not rushing him into a premier role on the club. He had some good chemistry with Bonk and Hossa. That has the makings of a fine 3rd line. The Canadiens can go with:

Kovalev- Koivu- Zednik
Bulis- Ribiero- Ryder
Hossa- Bonk- Latendresse

That's probably the best 3 lines on one team in terms of offensive possibilities in the NE division.

Agreed but you left out Perezhogin :)

Kasparov*

Hyped said:
His first step quickness is almost non-existent. That can have you 3 steps behind in the NHL before you even get started. Nobody said his north-south skating was insufficient, it's his foot quickness. It still needs plenty of work...

Actually his skating is pretty good now...

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Attica said:
This is how it starts.

"better than koivu"

"Skating not an issue"

"playing like a first round pick" <---I'll break that one down for ya, that term means that he is playing as well as Sidney Crosby, Rick Nash, AO, are. This is factually incorrect, Latendresse is a great prospect, and he fits right in in montreal, but please guys, don't be idiots, as a lot of you are very close.

Luc Bourdon is playing excellent as well, but exhibition IS NOT the NHL.

If Latendresse scores 60 points and does all the things you say he will, then let the Latendresse HJs begin, but at this point, lets just sit back and watch the kid.

and yes, skating IS and issue.
Had Crosby been in the 2006 draft Latendresse would have been my pick to be 1st overall going into his draft year.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Attica said:
Bertuzzi and Tkachuck both have decent NHL first step quickness. Bertuzzi is often stereotyped as slow, anyone who pays attention to him knows he is most certainly not.

Well anyone who pays attention to Latendress knows he's not slow either, he doesn't have a great first step...big deal, he's 225lbs, and 18yrs old...I had never seen him play prior to the rookie tournament, and all I had read about him was how his skating was bad, it's all I read...but then I go see him, and I didn't find a damn thing wrong with his skating, again, he's not the fastest starter, but does that warrant him having a skating problem, not at all IMO, I think Kyle Chipchura has more skating issues than Latendresse...

All i'm saying is after watching him several times, if skating was the only reason he fell to the 45th pick? Alot of teams made mistakes then...

oil slick

Feb 6, 2004
417 TO MTL said:
All i'm saying is after watching him several times, if skating was the only reason he fell to the 45th pick? Alot of teams made mistakes then...

I would wager a lot of teams are starting to doubt there late 1st and early 2nd picks at the moment :) .

Having said that a lot of rookies are looking very good, but that's mainly because they played all last year and had an extra 2 weeks of rookie camp to get the rust off. Rookies performances will dwindle down as people get in game shape.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
oil slick said:
I would wager a lot of teams are starting to doubt there late 1st and early 2nd picks at the moment :) .

Having said that a lot of rookies are looking very good, but that's mainly because they played all last year and had an extra 2 weeks of rookie camp to get the rust off. Rookies performances will dwindle down as people get in game shape.

I agree, and I take all that into consideration whenever I get the thought that latendresse just might be better off in the NHL...

However, doing what he's done at this level, I understand it's only preseason against many teams farm teams, but he's 18yrs old, and that makes it hella impressive no matter how you put it

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
Ya know Rene Bourque had 2g & 1a in his 1st exhibition game vs. Calgary...We in Chicago are considering a petition to the NHL to wave the waiting period for admission into the HHOF....Perhaps Latendresse could also be considered??? :sarcasm:

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
Oh, & going back to an earlier Montreal thread....Bourque was an undrafted FA, talk about unfair (Latendresse drafted in the 2nd round)!!!

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
GaryU said:
Ya know Rene Bourque had 2g & 1a in his 1st exhibition game vs. Calgary...We in Chicago are considering a petition to the NHL to wave the waiting period for admission into the HHOF....Perhaps Latendresse could also be considered??? :sarcasm:

What's the point of that post?

What's so bad about fans being happy about a 18yr old who's impressed all year up to date, put up 3pts (it was actually 4 they missed an assist) in his preseason debut...Usually when 18yr olds do these types of things, fans from their teams get pretty excited, what's so wrong about that?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Rick Middleton said:
To all those drooling over a pre-season performance, Justin Papineau says 'Hi'.

Just asking because I don't know...but did Justin Papineau do this in his 1st ever game as an 18yr old?

I agree about not going overboard, but how can you not be drooling over Latendresse right now if your a Habs fan...if he was drafted by your team and been doing the same thing, you'd be saying the same thing

How about you all just let us crazy ol Habs fans know when it's ok to be excited about his play :shakehead

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Spooky371 said:
GOD I HATE LIVING IN QUEBEC FOR THAT REASON :
Latendresse score 2 goal, 1 assist.. he have NEVER play ONE game in the NHL. And now a friend come see me on MSN and said : '' Hey Kév, Latendresse yé crissement fort, y va faire 60 pts cette saison, plus ke Koivu ! ''

(Eh Kev, Latendresse are so good, he going to put 60 pts this year, he way better than Koivu)...

DAMNNNN

Y'en a qui ne réalisent pas la chance qu'ils ont! Crime... tu manges, tu te promenes dans la rue sans te faire attaquer, pis tu chiale parce que t'a des amis???

Translation cause I have been warned:
Some people don't realize the chance they have! You can eat, you can walk on the street without being attacked, and you whine cause you have friends?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->