"Last Night's Attendance" Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
Great job Nashville. Keep up the back-slapping.

Although, you distributed less than 400 tickets more than the Islanders, and their game was at 1pm.

And that's not even getting into the freebies.

As a side note, I guess when the "bad market Apologists" post attendance figures, they don't have to follow the "rule" of posting the entire night's games. The league's last place team sold out, after all, yet no mention of it !!

Last edited:

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com

Although, you distributed less than 400 tickets more than the Islanders, and their game was at 1pm.

As a side note, I guess when the "bad market Apologists" post attendance figures, they don't have to follow the "rule" of posting the entire night's games. The league's last place team sold out, after all, yet no mention of it !!

Defending my own team is a full time job around here, I'm left with precious little time to defend others.

Jarnberg

Jul 10, 2002
Nashville
Visit site

The only reason they're posting them is to get them in before you throw your usual cheap shots in at our market.

Personally I feel as if attendances shouldn't even be posted by anyone as they just lead to people slagging off other markets.

What is your goal anyway? To bash our market until we move or Winnipeg gets a team? I've always been in favor of an expansion team going to Winnipeg, but if its going to be a bunch of complainers like yourself, I'm not so sure I want them to get a team. The last thing the NHL needs is more people who complain about every little thing.

Nashville's attendance isn't where it should be. Do you feel intellectual posting it each time?

GSC2k2*

I am sensing from the last few posts that your previous edge is returning, Hawker. For a couple of weeks there, you had tried a more high-minded approach. Has that gone away now and you are going to dive into the "the south sux omgomg" muck with some of the other Jetties?

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005

If you're going to insist on using the loaded word "distributed", then yes, that includes the "freebies". You can't have it both ways.

You're welcome.

AdmiralPred

Jun 9, 2005
I predict Nashville's attendance on Thursday will be blamed on $2 beer night, one way or another.

Will a distinction need to be made between the coherent and non-coherent after the first period?

AdmiralPred

Jun 9, 2005
Not to hijack the thread, but is there really a $2 beer night?

Damn, that's a sweet deal.
The Pred's announcers were pimping it, for lack of a better word, throughout the game broadcast last night. And you're not hijacking the thread, I predict it will be a point of contention much like ticket giveaways are in this attendance thread.

Timmy

Feb 2, 2005
I feel sorry for quality Preds fans.

If I were a Preds fan, I'd have been banned by now.

To have my entire market and fanbase discounted and trashed by so many others would make me say things that I would regret later.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
If I were a Preds fan, I'd have been banned by now.

To have my entire market and fanbase discounted and trashed by so many others would make me say things that I would regret later.

so little of it is based in reality that...for the most part, we can laugh it off. after we traded for forsberg, there came out a rumor(from a blog) that it was because "if nashville doesn't win the cup this year, they're officially moving to kansas city"

stuff like that picks up legs, a few idiots bat it around like catnipped kittens with a dead bird, and hopefully those more reasonable roll their eyes with the rest of us.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
I predict Nashville's attendance on Thursday will be blamed on $2 beer night, one way or another.
Knowing this place, you can count on it! ;)

Tampa tried a (very badly worded) free beer promotion to people who put money down for season tickets during an '04 playoff game, and we saw a lot of threads about how they have to give free beer to sell tickets, etc. It got so blown out of proportion that the story is still up on MSNBC and several other sites.

Resolute

Mar 4, 2005
AB
Personally, I liked the "Tampa had to give out $5 tickets just to sell out in the finals" argument best. ;)

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
Personally, I liked the "Tampa had to give out $5 tickets just to sell out in the finals" argument best. ;)
That was a pretty amusing rumor. SRO tickets were $200, and there were thousands outside the arena watching the game projected onto the side of a freakin' garage...and some poor souls thought they were giving tickets away. I wish!

MaskedSonja

Feb 3, 2007
Formerly Tinalera
If we're talking about Promotions gone awry, this is baseball related, but I remember a ad by the Blue Jays for opening day, with the tag-line something like

"A perfect excuse for calling in sick"

MAN the business community jumped the Jays with that ad, suggested they were endorsing missing work to catch a baseball game, and how it wasn't right.

Funny stuff.

As far as hockey, I remember a friend of mine said they had tickets to a playoff game between Leafs and Kings in 93- I got so excited I went down, and what he meant was tickets at the Skydome(now Rogers Center) to watch the game on the Jumbo Tron!

They still packed the place though-A memorable night for the wrong reasons ;)

Resolute

Mar 4, 2005
AB
That was a pretty amusing rumor. SRO tickets were $200, and there were thousands outside the arena watching the game projected onto the side of a freakin' garage...and some poor souls thought they were giving tickets away. I wish!

But you did sell a section at $5, so it must be true. :sarcasm:

Two of the guys I travelled with for game 7 went down without tickets. They were just going to find a scalper and pay whatever they had to. Not quite the same level of greed that the Calgary scalpers were getting, but not exactly $5 either, heh.

jerseydevil

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site

People love to start rumors like that..trying to insult an entire fanbase...Usually boils down to jealousy...they are really not even worth addressing...Don't worry, we had the same insults every time the Devils are in the Cup finals...

Transported Upstater

Defending my own team is a full time job around here, I'm left with precious little time to defend others.

How's that old Camaro resting on cinder blocks in front of your trailer doing?

Wait...before you check it...PUT A FREAKING SHIRT ON!!!!!!

Stupid inbred hick...:teach:

Nashville108*

How's that old Camaro resting on cinder blocks in front of your trailer doing?

Wait...before you check it...PUT A FREAKING SHIRT ON!!!!!!

Stupid inbred hick...:teach:

And you're a mod? I bet you aren't even from America. Any place in the USA is better off than whatever country you're in.

GWhale*

And you're a mod? I bet you aren't even from America. Any place in the USA is better off than whatever country you're in.

Have you SEEN American cities lately? Most of the world looks better off than the USA these days. Oh, and the south... :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad