Movies: Last Movie You Watched and Rate it | {Insert Appropriate Seasonal Greeting Here}

Nakatomi

Dec 26, 2022
Two Hands -

A fun Australian movie starring Heath Ledger before he really hit it big. Also features Rose Byrne, in the first role I have ever heard her natural accent.

I understand this is a bit of a cult favorite down under, and I can see why. Heath plays a young man stupid enough to do a job for a gangster and foolish enough to.....well, you need to watch to find out. Some bad choices come into play, and a rather entertaining movie featuring a great soundtrack ensues. 7 or 8 out of 10, I say.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Challengers. Based on my research the Fine Young Cannibals' cover of Suspicious Minds has appeared in four movies and I, improbably, have seen three of those in the past two weeks.

This ruled. I fist-pumped for two straight hours.

Reactions: The Macho King

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Decided to rewatch for the first time in a million years In The Mood For Love.

I hate when hot people are in a movie and don't bone. The lead actress walks in a way that makes me feel things. Tony Leung is a snack all movie.

And it makes me so sad. Visuals are amazing. Score is perfect. Blue balls are real.

9/10
I just watched The Grandmaster and Tony Leung remains undefeated.

No blue balls there though because the kung fu is the sex.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Dune 2 (2024) - 7/10

There's something off about this for me. While it does get more intense and enjoyable a the end, it feels a bit Star Wars-ish in terms of how it's constantly shifting between planets and the weird editing in how scenes almost miss together or just stop and skip, I can't describe it. I felt the original looked better and had maybe a more captivating story whereas this one was more forced I dunno.

Also think the casting choices are still weird here, particularly Chamalet & Zendaya. Should've used more serious British actors throughout.

Last edited:

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I just watched The Grandmaster and Tony Leung remains undefeated.

No blue balls there though because the kung fu is the sex.
I have an embarrassing amount of Wang Kar-Wai blindspots. It's pretty much ItMfL, Chungking Express, and As Tears Go By. Two of them I adore, and one I don't really like but see the pieces of a guy I eventually will.

Might watch Fallen Angels tonight to plug away a bit.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
So wife picked and we watched the Jackie Chan movie Miracles.

I mean... ugh this one was kind of tough. Obviously the action and stunt work are fantastic, but the comedy in this feels so culturally particular that I bounced off of it hard. It's also way too long for what it is?

I kind of passed in and out of paying attention to this one after awhile, only really looking at the fight scenes. 3/10.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad