Last Minute Trades Before Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
-Raliegh

In more trading madness, the Carolina Hurricanes acquired Bryan Marchment and Greg Johnson. Marchment came via the Kings for goaltender Felix Potvin while Johnson came from Montreal for prospects Joel Lundqvist and Alexander Sulzer.

Hurricanes fans may remember both Marchment and Johnson. This will be their second stints at the Canes during the time of GM Dion Ong after a two season absence. However, things have dramatically changed since they were last here.

"They didn't fit what I wanted to do at the time that I traded them that," said Ong. "Now, they fit into the plans."

It remains to be seen if there are going to be any hard feelings from the returning players.

"No hard feelings," said Marchment. "At the time, the GM (Ong) was very upfront and frank when he first came to the front office."

So has anything changed?

"I don't recognize anyone but the training stuff," said Johnson. "However, the talent level has increased just by looking at the roster. I mean I see Yashin, Bure and Cujo. i don't think we had that many superstars when i was around. Hopefully we can get off to a good start and make the playoffs."

With old players coming back, is Ong intending to bring back his old team or will Co-GM Laurens Thie stop him? Will see a Sami Kapanen, Mark Parrish come back to the club?? We must wait and see...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad