Las Vegas Arena

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I went to the West Coast for a brief vacay with the family – but not before making a quick solo overnight trip to Vegas to see the new arena.

(Thanks to someone getting sick on the LIRR and needing and ambulance, I almost missed the game entirely. Just as an FYI – TSA regs require luggage cutoffs 45 min before departure time. You can fly, but your bag can’t)

Got to MGM @ 6:30 – one hour before puck drop --- dropped off my bag and ran across street, through NYNY and over to the arena. Very cool outside part with tons of excitement and bars.

Got through security and somehow managed to find my way to my SRO “Mezzanine Party Deck” tickets. It was $130 for unlimited food and beer with an “uptop” killer view of the game. The food and beer was basic,,..nothing special ( a little nasty TBH)

Anyway – I’ll let the pics do the talking as I found this arena to be worlds above any others I’ve been to so far. Simply spectacular.

All the pics up top – are those spaces open to public ( didn’t break into any private area) – tons of super cool up top places to hang,, grab a drink – sit on a couch and watch on the TV if that is your thing. I suppose that some games might have those areas closed off for a private party -- but the game vs Calgary -- nothing was going on.

Get yo'self there and see the good life!!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    885.6 KB · Views: 70
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    333 KB · Views: 65
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    840.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    734.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    453.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    659.5 KB · Views: 65
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    765.2 KB · Views: 66
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    587.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    316 KB · Views: 66
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    893.8 KB · Views: 67

KnishOfTheCrease

Chez Pierre Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2010
Las Vegas
Great photos. My season tickets are 8 Rows in front of the bald guy in the last picture.

Hyde Lounge at the top sells standing room only seats and couch seats for every game.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
I hope Belmont can be a hybrid of this arena and Detroit's.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
are these seats reserved for Islander fans if they are in town

LV feels badly for us -- every Isles fan showing up , with proof of suffering, gets a nice posh seat, free beer, and a cookie from a dispensary on the house. What a city!

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
You had me on the edge of my seat for a few days waiting for this review Bones!

Place looks great. A big question I always had for a team in Vegas, were the fans mostly VGK fans decked out in jerseys, hats, etc. or did it seem like it was mostly tourist based? Especially curious now since they are so dang good.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
You had me on the edge of my seat for a few days waiting for this review Bones!

Place looks great. A big question I always had for a team in Vegas, were the fans mostly VGK fans decked out in jerseys, hats, etc. or did it seem like it was mostly tourist based? Especially curious now since they are so dang good.

Make no mistake -- this is visiting team country! The red in the stands you see were all Calgary fans. Def a tourist based crowd at the game I was in.

But think about it -- most teams will only visit there a couple of times per year -- who wouldn't be up for a quick getaway to watch their team play in a possibly the best party city on earth?

Check out this pic - shows a whole lotta red!

At the top -- to the right of the castle is where the SRO party deck resides....

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    425.9 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
How were the concourses and restrooms?

Main concourse was as wide as it should be -- far wider than BK.... Upper concourse -- which is typically far smaller -- was I think at least as wide as the main concourse in Brooklyn... maybe even wider.. I'm tellin ya -- there was GOBS of room everywhere.. and bathrooms were plentiful and nice.... of course -- b/t periods there were some lines -- but they moved fast and it wasnt blocking people moving around...

I felt like a caged dog finally allowed to run around the backyard...

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
$130 for a ticket, unlimited beer, and food? That sounds amazing. Or is that on top of the ticket?

$130 purchased straight from the Knights -- gives you SRO space, food, beer/wine.. and "dessert" -- considering that most tix were $70 or so and up on stubhub -- seemed like a no brainer.

I think we should arrange an HF Isles trip to Vegas next year.

Reactions: SteveH124

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
$130 purchased straight from the Knights -- gives you SRO space, food, beer/wine.. and "dessert" -- considering that most tix were $70 or so and up on stubhub -- seemed like a no brainer.

I think we should arrange an HF Isles trip to Vegas next year.
We’re better off organizing a trip to group therapy

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
Anyway – I’ll let the pics do the talking as I found this arena to be worlds above any others I’ve been to so far. Simply spectacular.

It. Looks. Amazing.

Thanks for the photos! I think my next visit to the other side of the pond needs to include LV.

Reactions: Bones45

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
$130 for a ticket, unlimited beer, and food? That sounds amazing. Or is that on top of the ticket?

I pay $35 per game as season ticket holder and more than a few people before the season were like wow that sounds like a lot. Things sure have changed on the perception of pricing because I'd have to drink a lot of middling beer to spend $95 at the concessions.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Was out there when Isles played there and it is a beautiful arena, prices for beer were reasonable and arena was loud (of course their team is on top of the world rigjt now). Definitely going back next year

Reactions: Bones45

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->