Las Vegas AHL affiliate

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmazz22

Jan 24, 2010
Yep Ottawa bought the Binghamton franchise from Mitchell and the rest of the group. Was effective at the the close of the B Sens season. Then the same group leased the NJ franchise from NJ once the Albany season was over. Same Bing group leases the Devils that owned the B Sens. But this Bing group owns nothing of the franchise just like Esche group owns nothing of the Utica team.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Yep Ottawa bought the Binghamton franchise from Mitchell and the rest of the group. Was effective at the the close of the B Sens season. Then the same group leased the NJ franchise from NJ once the Albany season was over. Same Bing group leases the Devils that owned the B Sens. But this Bing group owns nothing of the franchise just like Esche group owns nothing of the Utica team.

not necessarily, here's where I disagree, Ottawa has always owned the franchise going back to New Haven, through PEI... Mitchell left Binghamton when the Rangers did, right, so how could he "own" the current franchise, if both Ottawa and New Jersey own it, all Mitchell is doing is leasing the Devils franchise in order to operate for the Devils, much the same contract he had with Ottawa until the Senators bought it outright when that deal was announced, otherwise why has the Binghamton franchise always been the Senators, the Whalers before that.... the only true non-affiliation name that market has had was Dusters, which are now the Wolf*Pack, and New Jersey has stipulated that its affiliate, regardless of location, it cannot be anything other than Devils.

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
not necessarily, here's where I disagree, Ottawa has always owned the franchise going back to New Haven, through PEI... Mitchell left Binghamton when the Rangers did, right, so how could he "own" the current franchise, if both Ottawa and New Jersey own it, all Mitchell is doing is leasing the Devils franchise in order to operate for the Devils, much the same contract he had with Ottawa until the Senators bought it outright when that deal was announced, otherwise why has the Binghamton franchise always been the Senators, the Whalers before that.... the only true non-affiliation name that market has had was Dusters, which are now the Wolf*Pack, and New Jersey has stipulated that its affiliate, regardless of location, it cannot be anything other than Devils.

So, if Ottawa has always owned the franchise, why did they need to buy it outright? If ottawa owned less than 100% then my scenario where it was similar to what the flames did was correct.

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI

If Ottawa always owned the franchise, then why did Ottawa come to Grand Rapids in 1999 for 3 seasons (1999-2000 & 2000-01 in the IHL & 2001-02 in the AHL) to become our 1st NHL affiliate before going to Binghamton in 2002?

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
[MOD]

And how come no comments or whatever about the Vegas /blues thing? I mean you were so certain that you had it right. Much like this one as well...and like was asked How in the blue hell would Ottawa need to purchase a franchise they already own? Holy double jeopardy batman!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

mmazz22

Jan 24, 2010
Chrd- Ottawa sold this franchise to Binghamton group 15 years ago. Then bought it back this year. I am pretty sure they didn't own the grand rapids team either. If I can remember correctly the franchise was not active when they sold it to Binghamton group and then affiliated with them.

RowdyFan42

Apr 22, 2015
Albany(-ish)

1.) Chris, I think you'll find that Ottawa only owned the franchise when it was in Charlottetown. The New Haven Nighthawks changed their name to the Senators when they gained the affiliation in 1992 after having been independent for a season, but the franchise itself remained locally owned. Ottawa then bought the New Haven franchise in 1993 and moved it to PEI. The franchise went dormant after three seasons, and it remained in mothballs until it was sold to Tom Mitchell and his group in 2002.

2.) This makes no sense. You said it yourself, Ottawa bought the franchise from Mitchell. How could they do that if they owned it themselves this whole time? (Answer, in case you need it: Ottawa didn't own it.)

If Ottawa always owned the franchise, then why did Ottawa come to Grand Rapids in 1999 for 3 seasons (1999-2000 & 2000-01 in the IHL & 2001-02 in the AHL) to become our 1st NHL affiliate before going to Binghamton in 2002?

You'll have to ask them.

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
I know why, I just wanted to see if the mighty (confused) Hutch knows the reason why.

excuse me, but why does that matter now:shakehead

Why does this matter now? This is past history. Do not need a play by play analysis of where every AHL team goes and what NHL affiliate(s) they have back then, etc.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
I know why, I just wanted to see if the mighty (confused) Hutch knows the reason why.

You were the one who brought it up...if you don't want commentary on what you post then maybe you shouldn't post it.
You opened the whole can of worms by once again trying to show everyone you are smarter than them.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine

Why does this matter now? This is past history. Do not need a play by play analysis of where every AHL team goes and what NHL affiliate(s) they have back then, etc.

what's the succession plan, then, for the Wolves, then.... There are numerous reports now stating that Don Levin may be jumping ship to the NHL and a potential Seattle franchise, and if that is indeed the case, would you want Foley running the show in Chicago, as the owner of both franchises, ie, becoming the 18th AHL Franchise outright to be owned by an NHL franchise, you may not like it, but that's the era you're fighting against, and have since Atlanta/Winnipeg WAS FORCED upon the Wolves due to league bylaws, [MOD]

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007

what's the succession plan, then, for the Wolves, then.... There are numerous reports now stating that Don Levin may be jumping ship to the NHL and a potential Seattle franchise, and if that is indeed the case, would you want Foley running the show in Chicago, as the owner of both franchises, ie, becoming the 18th AHL Franchise outright to be owned by an NHL franchise, you may not like it, but that's the era you're fighting against, and have since Atlanta/Winnipeg WAS FORCED upon the Wolves due to league bylaws, [MOD]

You are as delusional as always...first of who cares about your beloved succession plan...there is no succession plan Chris..Don Levin doesn't own the Wolves lock stock and barrel...he has a partner named Buddy Myers...also it has already been stated multiple times over the years that if he were successful in gaining an NHL team he would also continue his ownership of the Wolves. He's not jumping ship, he's only doing what other BILLIONAIRES do...acquire more assets...that's right Chris... Don Levin is a Billionaire..thought that would've been obvious with the talk of him possibly owning the Chicago Cubs a few years back. So there will be no outside ownership of the Wolves...you can get off that rant/track. BTW who do you thinnk the NHL Seattle's AHL affiliate would be in Levin owned the NHL team?????? Game....Set...Match, [MOD]

And the funniest part of all of this...You are trying to argue Chicago Wolves hockey with a Grand Rapids Griffins fan who could give 2 rats you know whats about it.
But that's ok...thanks for the entertainment as always

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006

You are as delusional as always...first of who cares about your beloved succession plan...there is no succession plan Chris..Don Levin doesn't own the Wolves lock stock and barrel...he has a partner named Buddy Myers...also it has already been stated multiple times over the years that if he were successful in gaining an NHL team he would also continue his ownership of the Wolves. He's not jumping ship, he's only doing what other BILLIONAIRES do...acquire more assets...that's right Chris... Don Levin is a Billionaire..thought that would've been obvious with the talk of him possibly owning the Chicago Cubs a few years back. So there will be no outside ownership of the Wolves...you can get off that rant/track. BTW who do you think the NHL Seattle's AHL affiliate would be in Levin owned the NHL team?????? Game....Set...Match, [MOD]

And the funniest part of all of this...You are trying to argue Chicago Wolves hockey with a Grand Rapids Griffins fan who could give 2 rats you know whats about it.
But that's ok...thanks for the entertainment as always

So, for the topic if this thread, The CHICAGO WOLVES are the AHL affiliate of the Las Vegas whatever their team name is. :)

All other chatter is just static at this point. This thread should probably just be closed. If I was a moderator, I would have shut it down. If there is any news of who will be doing what in the relationship (coach, players, operations, private jet usage rules) I would say start a new thread.

I am outta here to Las Vegas, New Mexico that is, not Nevada.

PS, I fixed the quotes being all wrong. :)

Clinton Comets EHL

Feb 18, 2014
not necessarily, here's where i disagree, ottawa has always owned the franchise going back to new haven, through pei... Mitchell left binghamton when the rangers did, right, so how could he "own" the current franchise, if both ottawa and new jersey own it, all mitchell is doing is leasing the devils franchise in order to operate for the devils, much the same contract he had with ottawa until the senators bought it outright when that deal was announced, otherwise why has the binghamton franchise always been the senators, the whalers before that.... The only true non-affiliation name that market has had was dusters, which are now the wolf*pack, and new jersey has stipulated that its affiliate, regardless of location, it cannot be anything other than devils.

you are flat out wrong.

[MOD]

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
So, for the topic if this thread, The CHICAGO WOLVES are the AHL affiliate of the Las Vegas whatever their team name is. :)

All other chatter is just static at this point. This thread should probably just be closed. If I was a moderator, I would have shut it down. If there is any news of who will be doing what in the relationship (coach, players, operations, private jet usage rules) I would say start a new thread.

I am outta here to Las Vegas, New Mexico that is, not Nevada.

PS, I fixed the quotes being all wrong. :)

I'm seriously considering it, among other course of actions

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
Close the thread please...... :)

Dear M,
Thanks so much for your donation of $10.00 to Autism Speaks.

None of our work is possible without supporters like you.

Thank you for enhancing lives today and accelerating a spectrum of solutions for tomorrow!

Gratefully,

Autism Speaks

The following summarizes your donation:

Name:

Donation Date: 5/25/17

Donation Amount: $10.00

Donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. No goods or services were provided, in whole or in part, for this contribution. Autism Speaks, Inc. is a non-profit charitable corporation with 501(c)(3) tax exempt status in the United States. Address: 1 East 33rd Street, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10016. U.S. tax-exempt number: 20-2329938.

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
With the St. Louis Blues not having an AHL affiliate to run on their own for the 2017-18 AHL season, would the Golden Knights consider getting permission from the St. Louis Blues in keeping Craig Berube as the head coach of the Chicago Wolves for next season and beyond? I heard that Sydor was promoted to the Blues earlier this week as the Blues assistant coach. Just curious.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
With the St. Louis Blues not having an AHL affiliate to run on their own for the 2017-18 AHL season, would the Golden Knights consider getting permission from the St. Louis Blues in keeping Craig Berube as the head coach of the Chicago Wolves for next season and beyond? I heard that Sydor was promoted to the Blues earlier this week as the Blues assistant coach. Just curious.

Would be nice but rumor is he's going to be going to St. Louis as well. Who knows.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Make payable to Autism Speaks

Otherwise, lets get this thread back on track or it will be shut down and other courses of action necessary

Close the thread please...... :)

Dear M,
Thanks so much for your donation of $10.00 to Autism Speaks.

None of our work is possible without supporters like you.

Thank you for enhancing lives today and accelerating a spectrum of solutions for tomorrow!

Gratefully,

Autism Speaks

The following summarizes your donation:

Name:

Donation Date: 5/25/17

Donation Amount: $10.00

Donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. No goods or services were provided, in whole or in part, for this contribution. Autism Speaks, Inc. is a non-profit charitable corporation with 501(c)(3) tax exempt status in the United States. Address: 1 East 33rd Street, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10016. U.S. tax-exempt number: 20-2329938.

Literally the best thing to come from this thread :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->