Larry Brooks 6/26

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
No major updates.Just some of details regarding how contracts are going to count against the cap.Extensions.Renegotiations.

Regarding the buyouts

As first reported in this space last week, clubs will be given a one-time grace period this summer to exercise an unlimited number of the traditional two-thirds buyout of players without the expense counting against the cap. Bought-out players may not resign with their clubs. Rest assured there will be a provision in the CBA prohibiting re-gifting (trading back bought-out players) for a standard period of time.

The determination of this issue clearly will be a critical element in the Islanders' decision regarding Yashin, a buy-out of whom would clear almost $7M per in cap space for the team over the life of his contract.

Is Charles Wang going to pay Yashin $27 million to not play for his team or just pay Yashin $41.648 million for the next six years?The rollback did save Wang $13.152 million

More from Brooks

It certainly appears a given that the Rangers will spend the $8.96M necessary to buy out Bobby Holik — owed a post-rollback $6.726M per the next two years — whether or not they have two years, four years, or 24 hours to come up with the money.

Who is DKK?

Finally, from Page Six: Which individual with the initials DKK is about to learn that anonymity does not last forever

Is that Eklund? ;)

http://www.nypost.com/sports/49068.htm

Last edited by a moderator:

Liquidrage*

RangerBoy said:
Who is DKK?

Finally, from Page Six: Which individual with the initials DKK is about to learn that anonymity does not last forever

Is that Eklund? ;)

http://www.nypost.com/sports/49068.htm

HA! Now that would be funny. I doubt it, but it would be funny. Hmm, I know one person that knows who Eklund is. But he's sworn to some sort of weird pact and I'd doubt he'd even say as much as "yes" or "no" as to those being his initials.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Hasbro said:
Are these the same "sources" that give him trade rumors?

Didn't we have this conversation last week?When Uncle Larry is dealing with the lockout,his information is 99% of time correct.Just the facts.No opinions or speculation.His info during the 1995 lockout was top notch.The same can be said for this lockout.The first to report the lockout was coming to an end four weeks ago with the 24% rollback being a part of the CBA.Last week,he reported the unlimited buyouts of contracts and the 2004-05 contracts would not be honored

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You can tell Brooks is running out of things to write about when he asks the same questions he asks to the general public

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
RangerBoy said:
Didn't we have this conversation last week?When Uncle Larry is dealing with the lockout,his information is 99% of time correct.Just the facts.No opinions or speculation.His info during the 1995 lockout was top notch.The same can be said for this lockout.The first to report the lockout was coming to an end four weeks ago with the 24% rollback being a part of the CBA.Last week,he reported the unlimited buyouts of contracts and the 2004-05 contracts would not be honored
Like this one?

Or this one

Or even this one

He's a PA and Rangers' schill in this lockout nothing more.

THe 24% rollback has been bandied about for months. The buyout rumor also predates his column. And none of this is proven yet.

Last edited:

CMUMike

Feb 13, 2005
RangerBoy said:
Who is DKK?

Is that Eklund? ;)
Darius???

transplant99

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
My favorite Larry Brooks "inside" information quote of the lockout...

"There's not a chance the union is going to cave; not a chance. "... Larry Brooks Oct.31, 2004

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
transplant99 said:

"There's not a chance the union is going to cave; not a chance. "... Larry Brooks Oct.31, 2004
Of course it should be noted we are leaving out his corresponding 396 correct predictions on the lockout.

Spungo*

transplant99 said:

:biglaugh:

A Good Flying Bird*

transplant99 said:

Man, you guys are going to be insufferable about this aren't you.

Perhaps the mdoerators should create a lockout gloaters board.

The players may be caving, but they lasted a year, or more.

They made EVERY SINGLE meaningful concession throughout this lockout, and got ridiculed for it.

Oh well, at least when hockey season starts again, I can go back to hockey and ENJOY watching my favorite hockey players again.

Maybe you anti-player dudes can take up watching the owners play backgammon or something.

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
nhlpa.com lists david kaye as a registered hockey agent for nhl players. Given the ominous tone of brooks warning, I almost assume that eklund is a hockey agent.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Newsguyone said:

They made EVERY SINGLE meaningful concession throughout this lockout, and got ridiculed for it.

Oh well, at least when hockey season starts again, I can go back to hockey and ENJOY watching my favorite hockey players again.

Maybe you anti-player dudes can take up watching the owners play backgammon or something.

Why take that attitude? The Owners and players had strong reasons to take the positions that they did. That conflict of reasons created the lockout and ensured that it would live as long as it did. Those who back one side or another have their own strong reasons for doing so, for most it is because you are either used to having your way in the league because your team has financial clout and hate seeing that end, or you are sick of seeing your best players leave and back strongly a sytem that promises to end that.

So in the end I understand totally why this occured as it did. But 'EVERY SINGLE meaningful concession throughout this lockout'? That is an almost meaningless rant. This never was about settling on small differences, like the NBA CBA was about for instance. It was about the future of the entire sport and whether they would make a fundemental change or basically remain the same as before with a bit of tinkering around the edges. It always had to be almost completely an all or nothing thing, so to say that the players gave and gave and gave is ridiculous. They had to give on the fundemental system or the owners had to. The 'giving' that the players did, in the grande scheme of that struggle, was fairly meaningless, wasn't it?

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
transplant99 said:
Sure.

As long as we then note the other 1584 corresponding INCORRECT predictions.
If he's right 99% of the time that makes 158400 predictions he's made during the lock out.

transplant99

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

It sucks being wrong. Especially when you put it in print for the prying eyes of the world to see as a fact.

He deserves every single harsh criticism thrown his way. Every one.

Who's gloating? He hung himself with his own blind nonsense. Too bad for him.

I think a slapped upside the head, looking like a deer caught in headlights,PA lemming, oard would be much more entertaining.

Well slap my ass and call me Sally then. Cookies anyone?

Sure they did...that was the whole point of a lockout fer chrissakes. Im not ridiculing for making the concessions, but i will lambaste them every day of the week and twice on Sundays for not doing this a year ago, thereby allowing the season to happen as well as collecting their billion dollars in salary.

I can also go back to enjoying watching my favorite TEAM without worrying how much longer they may of lasted as an NHL entity. Ive watched my TEAM for 25 years now, and never once did i cheer more for the "bozo in the sweater", instead of the logo on the front. Players come and go.....i dont get all fuzzy,warm, girl school attachments to them. You would be well advised to seek the same course me thinks.

Nope. I will be more than pleased to know ownership across the league are now invested in a business model that will allow all teams to survive as long as they make smart decisions. Sort of what hockey was ALL about for a century before the buffoonery that entered the league in the early 90's.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Transplant, You need PLAYERS in the jersey or else the logo will just be laying on the floor, and if all you do is watch the logo on the front during the game, youre going to miss the players making sweet saves or awesome goals, because they usually use other parts of their body to do that besides the chest.

Lanny MacDonald*

PeterSidorkiewicz said:
Transplant, You need PLAYERS in the jersey or else the logo will just be laying on the floor, and if all you do is watch the logo on the front during the game, youre going to miss the players making sweet saves or awesome goals, because they usually use other parts of their body to do that besides the chest.

Is that the best you got? You need players? Guess what Sparky, players come and go with amazing frequency (about 90% every four years), but the one thing that remains the same is the logo on the jersey. That is why people are cheering for the team, not the player. Or are you telling me that you worshipped a piece of garbage like Peter Sidorkiewicz his whole career and aren't really an Ottawa fan, but a fan of what ever third rate beer league Sidorkiewicz finds himself in now? I mean, there's no reason to cheer for the Senators any more, you're hero is long gone!

:biglaugh:

transplant99

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
PeterSidorkiewicz said:

One question...what changes ALL the time...the logo or the players in the logo?

The saves have happened no matter who wore the jersey, the amazing plays happened no matter who wore the logo, so please explain how whoever is in the jersey matters more than the jersey itself.

People bought the whole PA line that THEY are the product...its the single biggest misnomer of the whole lockout.

HOCKEY is the product, not the players who play it.

Otherwise we wouldnt see people paying money to see minor league hockey, we would of seen the NHL fold decades ago etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->