Laptop

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
RAM: 16 GB Memory (Great for Heavy Multitasking)

Storage: 500 GB Hard Drive (Stores Thousands of Photos)

Ports: USB 3.1, HDMI, and More

What's Included:

HP ProBook 430 G4
Power Cords
Operating System Restore Partition

It is refurbished.

Not sure if this is allowed, but what would you consider a laptop like this to be worth ?
List at just under 300 canadian

Also, would that be able to support some games, or no ? Not really looking for the best of games at the highest FPS, but just occassional. Not entirely sure if I'll have dedicated time to play, so only spending a few hundred would be ideal.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
A check on eBay shows it going for about $250 CAD, so $300 is a little high, but maybe not too high if you trust the seller.

It has only integrated Intel Graphics 620, which really isn't suitable for gaming beyond the simplest of games (like 2D games or 10-year-old 3D games). Definitely don't buy it for gaming unless you're a retro gamer.

If you want to game, or at least have the option to game, you should try to find a laptop with discrete (non-integrated) graphics. Most use Nvidia GeForce graphics, so that's what you should look for. The alternative is a used laptop with integrated graphics from the last few years (since integrated graphics have gotten a lot better in the last couple of generations), but that might be outside of your budget.

Last edited:

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
A check on eBay shows it going for about $250 CAD, so $300 is a little high, but maybe not too high if you trust the seller.

It has only integrated Intel Graphics 620, which really isn't suitable for gaming beyond the simplest of games (like 2D games or 10-year-old 3D games). Definitely don't buy it for gaming unless you're a retro gamer.

If you want to game, or at least have the option to game, you should try to find a laptop with discrete (non-integrated) graphics. Most use Nvidia GeForce graphics, so that's what you should look for. The alternative is a used laptop with integrated graphics from the last few years (since integrated graphics have gotten a lot better in the last couple of generations), but that might be outside of your budget.
what is your take on refurbished laptops? from somewherr like bestbuy.

im not a gamer but i do process video and photos.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
what is your take on refurbished laptops? from somewherr like bestbuy.

im not a gamer but i do process video and photos.
I don't have any qualms with buying refurbished or used laptops. In fact, I bought one last month and love it. They can save a lot of money. The chief drawback is that they're usually out of warranty or come with only 1 year, so you may not get any support if you have issues. If you're reasonably computer savvy and can solve some issues on your own or know someone who can help you, that may not be much of a deal. If, however, you're the kind of person who calls someone whenever your computer is acting funny, refurbished/used is probably not a good choice for you. You might be better off buying something new that comes with a full 3-year warranty.

Reactions: PeteWorrell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad