Rumor: Lapierre snubs Blueshirts (Mod: Going to NLA if not offered contract)

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I believe the rumor, as it stands, is that he'll go to the NLA if he doesn't get a contract with the Rangers.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Good

Keep AV's favorite toys far the **** away from my team.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
To be honest I totally forgot he was going to be in camp. Too busy thinking about the million other forwards we have

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Why would he waste his time in the Rangers preseason camp? He faced an uphill climb to begin with, but the signings of Vesey and Pirri made the odds of him making the team non-existent.

Step, Nash, MZA, Kreider, Miller, Mika, Hayes, Fast, Lindberg, Grabner are guaranteed to make the team. That's 10 of 13 players. Then there are NHLers like Pirri, Gerbe, Jooris and Glass. He needs to beat out at least 2 out of 4, and then expect Vesey, Butcher, Hrivik, Jensen to have terrible camps so that none of them make it. The odds that 2 out of 4 vets and all 4 rookies will collapse are next to non-existent. And even if that happens and he makes the team out of camp, who says that Butcher, Vesey and Hrivik all fail to improve midway through the season and get a call up, resulting in Lappy going down to Hartford before Christmas?

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
The only reason he should be in camp is to serve as a replacement player while our mainstays are at the WC. Then he can go sign his contract in the NLA.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
So he doesn't want to play in Hartford? Okay. Still LMFAO.

Play hockey in Hartford, CT or Switzerland. Hmm, tough choice.

Switzerland is the most beautiful country on the planet. I'm surprised more players don't go there after retiring from the NHL.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
He wants a guaranteed spot, which is laughable, especially with our forward depth.

If he really has something lined up with the NLA, can't say I blame him. Beautiful country, limited travel because of how small it is. Not sure what he would make over there, but I've heard $500-600k thrown around, which isn't a terrible living for a pro.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Play hockey in Hartford, CT or Switzerland. Hmm, tough choice.

Switzerland is the most beautiful country on the planet. I'm surprised more players don't go there after retiring from the NHL.

Nothing about other places, but I agree with the sentiment. Follow the vibes.

SportsArchaeologist

Aug 23, 2009
he probably realizes his chances of making the team are lessened with so much competition, and so he's doing his due diligence like any reasonable person would and securing himself a backup plan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad