Recalled/Assigned: Langhamer recalled

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Bit disappointing that Raanta is injured before the season even really gets going. I have high hopes for him being the stabilizing force for a young team.

jmichael7753

Sep 29, 2017
By sending down Etem for Langhammer to come up, that means Raanta is still on the active roster. Seems like Raanta's injury is short term and Langhammer is up just to be a body in practice maybe. If Raanta is out longer than a week or two, I'd imagine Chayka and company will be searching the league to bring in another goalie.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
By sending down Etem for Langhammer to come up, that means Raanta is still on the active roster. Seems like Raanta's injury is short term and Langhammer is up just to be a body in practice maybe. If Raanta is out longer than a week or two, I'd imagine Chayka and company will be searching the league to bring in another goalie.

Tend to agree with this. They didn't put Raanta on IR (yet) so they obviously don't know how extensive he's hurt.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Oh please Raanta, heal up to 100% and come back ready to do your thing! Yotes can use a solid goalie to get their back.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
They asked Tocc in the post game interview about Raanta and if it was the same injury that kept him out of the opener and he said no. Hopefully we didn't trade one injury prone goalie for another.

Fyreman

Ret FD Batt Chief
Jul 19, 2013
Mysterious injury... Not a lot of info... When can he return...? Ahh, the spirit of MS lingers...

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
This probably means nothing, but when he came back to the bench last night he spent the whole time doubled over with his head down. I really hope it's not a groin or a sports hernia. We all know what that did to Smitty and how long it took him to come back from that.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
They asked Tocc in the post game interview about Raanta and if it was the same injury that kept him out of the opener and he said no. Hopefully we didn't trade one injury prone goalie for another.

This probably means nothing, but when he came back to the bench last night he spent the whole time doubled over with his head down. I really hope it's not a groin or a sports hernia. We all know what that did to Smitty and how long it took him to come back from that.

son of a bitch

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Safe bet for a loss. I don't think we've beat Boston since those Premiere Games in the Czech.

Personally I think we've got our goaltending depth all screwed up. We should have one young guy (Hill) in Tucson paired with a vet No. 3 (like Peters last year, but actually good). Put Miska in the ECHL with any fringe goalie. I'd let Langhamer exercise his escape clause (back to Europe) now rather than wait to next month. Get it over with.

NHL - Raanta and Domingue
AHL - Hill and Vet
ECHL - Miska and Fringe

Europe/NCAA - Kalgren, Madsen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad