News Article: Lander to KHL

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
Do u think Lander is not playing the crucial minutes, killing penalties and taking key faceoffs in the AHL? He is doing all that and lighting up that league offensively.

He is, of course, in regards to his offensive side, so why have the Oilers not seen this side of him yet ?? He's been on a very short leash to say the least compared to others

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I personally think Anton would be a solid 4th line center in the NHL. Good hockey IQ, smart, defensive player, great penalty killer.
I was disappointed when we lost him. He's always been a high character guy. But when his offensive game never translated, you can't really blame a guy for going somewhere where he can make more money, play in a higher offensive role and win championships.

Reactions: A91

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Happy for Lander. Always cheered for the guy, and was so excited when Nelson took over and it looked like Lander was finally going to show some offense to his game.

Guy is a leader, and definitely a give it all every shift kinda guy. Not surprised he's finding success elsewhere.

Reactions: Aerrol

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
He is the exact type of guy the Oilers need for pks and important faceoffs and Mclellan didn't even really give him a chance. 5 on 5 and pk I'll take Lander 10/10 times over f***ing useless Letestu.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Lander put up 8-5-13 in 19 games with AK Bars Kazan to help lead his team to a Gagarin Cup win over CSKA in five games.
Game winning goal + empty netter in game 4 of the series. Beauty GWA in game 5.

Playoff beast.

Lander will stay another season in KHL, and then try his luck in NA again. If EDM has the luxury of being able to give him that 2nd chance I'd be thrilled, but I doubt it.

Reactions: Aerrol

Dohilers

Dec 18, 2011
BC
I always liked Lander and rooted for him. I remember when he was drafted, he was projected as the team's future #2 center and captain. Didn't work out though. Glad he's having success elsewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->