Lance Armstrong to be the next "My Stanley Cup" Narrator

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Evilo said:
But since apparently it's too hard for you

I think you mean "since apparently it's required by the terms of HFBoards".

Just follow the rules that you're supposed to be enforcing. That's all we're asking.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Evilo said:

Thank you. Has nothing to do with "being too hard" to do, I'm mean GOOGLE is easy to use. As for the Lance debate, it reeks of soured milk in my eyes... When you're on top, the usual suspects try to bring you down to their level.
Doesn't it suck to have someone so dominant simply own the sport...;)

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Unfortunately, it has nothing to do with it. Especially since most cyclists are probably doped. The reason why everyone is so harsh on Armstrong is because he was always as ******* about it.
He was tested positive once, and gave the doctor's paper after the results were given, which is strictly prohibited. No idea why he got away with it. Probably because he's a well known figure.
He threatenned another athlete who wanted to talk about doping in cyclism.
He insulted (suing under way) someone who said Dr Ferrari (a personnal Armstrong friend) was giving doping products to every athelte he knew.
He actually raced in a TDF stage and made his team chase that italian cyclist for a personnal vendetta.
He said he's never seen a doped athele in his life even though plenty of his team's atheltes were proven doped. The doctors of his team were actually seen with doping products, etc...

The guy is a liar and is arrogant.

You'll learn every detail and some of them are really incredible right here if you can understand french :
http://cyclisme.dopage.free.fr/portraits/armstrong.htm

I am Jack's Fish

Damn, the NHL can never win, can they? Everyone they put on these commercials is worthy of some kind of derision...

Maybe they just need to stick with the most bland, most inoffensive, most transparent form of advertising possible...designed to evoke no response whatsoever in the effort to upset no one at all?

Maybe run the logo over tiny headshots of every player in the NHL?

But what music can be played? Surely there must be one piece of music that can please everyone...

How about just playing a F# tone for 30 seconds?

The Viking Fury

Nov 28, 2005
Well the denis Leary ads are kind of stupid. They'd be better off showing 30 seconds of some of the crosby or ovechkin highlight vids circling the net, hell even the Kovy vid with "Phatntom of the Opera" playing in the background would work.

I am Jack's Fish

The Viking Fury said:
Well the denis Leary ads are kind of stupid. They'd be better off showing 30 seconds of some of the crosby or ovechkin highlight vids circling the net, hell even the Kovy vid with "Phatntom of the Opera" playing in the background would work.

Genius!

Highlight two players NOT in the playoffs!

Maybe clips of 1946 Stanley Cup Champions playing patty-cake with each other would appeal to the school-girl demographic that is being sorely overlooked would be awesome!

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Evilo said:
Unfortunately, it has nothing to do with it. Especially since most cyclists are probably doped. The reason why everyone is so harsh on Armstrong is because he was always as ******* about it.
He was tested positive once, and gave the doctor's paper after the results were given, which is strictly prohibited. No idea why he got away with it. Probably because he's a well known figure.
He threatenned another athlete who wanted to talk about doping in cyclism.
He insulted (suing under way) someone who said Dr Ferrari (a personnal Armstrong friend) was giving doping products to every athelte he knew.
He actually raced in a TDF stage and made his team chase that italian cyclist for a personnal vendetta.
He said he's never seen a doped athele in his life even though plenty of his team's atheltes were proven doped. The doctors of his team were actually seen with doping products, etc...

The guy is a liar and is arrogant.

You'll learn every detail and some of them are really incredible right here if you can understand french :
http://cyclisme.dopage.free.fr/portraits/armstrong.htm
i dont understand french, but from what i could gather and the look of it - isnt that just a lance armstrong hate site?

The Viking Fury

Nov 28, 2005
I am Jack's Fish said:
Genius!

Highlight two players NOT in the playoffs!

Maybe clips of 1946 Stanley Cup Champions playing patty-cake with each other would appeal to the school-girl demographic that is being sorely overlooked would be awesome!
Instead of the "We Believe" crap that was on during the regular season, yeah. Most of the ads on now have players who have been eliminated already, and players on their way out. Its almost like the SI curse

AdmiralPred

Jun 9, 2005
The Viking Fury said:
Instead of the "We Believe" crap that was on during the regular season, yeah. Most of the ads on now have players who have been eliminated already, and players on their way out. Its almost like the SI curse
I didn't care much for the "We Believe" spots. I do, however, think the "My Cup" ads are far better. Keifer Southerland is perfect for the mood of the spot, and I like the Denis Leary ads aloso. I think they should have had the Leary ads be more of an intense 30 second rant that he was once known for, but on the overall I think they are good.

I am Jack's Fish

rwilson99 said:
Someone needs to take him fishing in a Ford.

BEEP BEEP!

Yes, that Ford commercial is equally miserable...

What a horrible song...

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
rwilson99 said:
Did you wish Cancer would have killed him or what?

The marketing is targeted at Americans, I'm afraid popular conspiracy theories in certain countries are largly irrelevant.
:shakehead
Where have I said I wished he died of cancer?
If you think it's a conspiracy theory, more power to you. Anyone can be blind.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Doctor No said:
Right, because if someone puts something on a website, it automatically becomes true. :shakehead
Actually, it's a very very good site on doping in cyclism, not just Armstrong. It's filled with a lot of interesting elements, and only gives detailed and CONCRETE elements.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
bleedgreen said:
i dont understand french, but from what i could gather and the look of it - isnt that just a lance armstrong hate site?
Nope, it's a doping hate site. Not just Armstrong.

Bear of Bad News

Sep 27, 2005
Evilo said:
Actually, it's a very very good site on doping in cyclism, not just Armstrong. It's filled with a lot of interesting elements, and only gives detailed and CONCRETE elements.

Says you. It's fair to say that you're biased on this topic.

Bear of Bad News

Sep 27, 2005
Evilo said:
How am I more biased than you?
And how can concrete elements be biased?

(1) I never said that I was not biased. However, I'm not the one taking a position of advocacy here.

(2) If by "Concrete elements", you mean "facts", then I agree. However, a biased person can have a biased opinion as to what a fact is.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
1/ You're saying I'm biased, trying to discredit my point. I'm not more biased than you are. And yes, you're trying to defend Armstrong by saying I'm biased.
2/ Yes, facts are given on this site. All point to a doping system.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad