Lance Armstrong to be the next "My Stanley Cup" Narrator

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005

bictron

Jul 31, 2005
Tracy, CA
Would've been cooler if it had been a celebrity who does follow hockey, along the lines of Kiefer and Leary.

Still pretty cool though.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Flicktron said:
Would've been cooler if it had been a celebrity who does follow hockey, along the lines of Kiefer and Leary.

And it would have been cooler if it had been a decent human being too.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Not really.
Let's just say I hate cheaters that are arrogant, that threaten other athletes and insults a nation because of one newspaper that found out the truth about him.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Evilo said:
Not really.
Let's just say I hate cheaters that are arrogant, that threaten other athletes and insults a nation because of one newspaper that found out the truth about him.

:shakehead

Falloooooon

Nov 11, 2004
Flicktron said:

I think after Kiefer and Leary, we are down to Matthew Perry and Dave Coulier as the only celebrity hockey fans left.

Pass. ;)

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Evilo said:
Not really.
ahhh....the truth.
"cheater"
"arrogant"
"threaten"
"insults"

4 words that that ive hever seen around lance, and dont belong with him. thats the truth.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
bleedgreen said:
ahhh....the truth.
"cheater"
"arrogant"
"threaten"
"insults"

4 words that that ive hever seen around lance, and dont belong with him. thats the truth.

He's an arrogant *****. Not sure if he cheated or not, but he really is a jerk-off.

IBleedOil247

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton
Evilo said:
Not really.

Link? Aren't mods supposed to know the rules? :sarcasm:

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Falloooooon said:
I think after Kiefer and Leary, we are down to Matthew Perry and Dave Coulier as the only celebrity hockey fans left.

Pass. ;)

Elisha Cuthbert and Shania Twain :yo:

As for Lance, you'd be hard pressed to find star individual athletes who aren't arrogant jackasses, its the way they are and they need to think (nay, know) they are better than you an everybody else to be better than you and everybody else.

StanAjax

Jul 30, 2003
Nantes
Visit site
Grave77digger said:
You have to understand.... the French hate Armstrong... :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Not every single one.

I don't like Lance Armstrong the human very much, but I can only :clap: what he did after his recovery from cancer. The man sure has a very strong mind.

He also can't be considered a cheater as pretty much everyone takes the same products in professional cyclism. When some have an advantage is when a new product appears. Think, Bjarne Riis in 1996. Now, that was disgusting (especially 'cos he knocked out my all time favourite Miguel Indurain :D ).

Arrogant he is though. Definitely and it's not every single athlete that is like him. He's in the Michael Schumacher category on this one. :shakehead

Threatening and insults... Well, I'd just say that he's not the one that started it all. If our nationwide sports newspaper would stop garbage journalism for once, there would have been no problem and I'd may buy it again one day. :shakehead

Finally, Armstrong is wrong. We, French, remember very well of the seconds & losers. Especially in cyclism. ;)

bictron

Jul 31, 2005
Tracy, CA
Stevedude530 said:
Clearly you've never seen Boat Trip.

Come on, what about Jerry Maguire? Wait. Radio? Wait......ummm....Boyz N Da Hood. Now that's a good movie.

Plus he plays in all the Ranger chairty celebrity games.

PACaptain

Jul 4, 2005
Road to the Repeat
I don't know if anyone is better than Jack Bauer at the narraration. Michael J. Fox did a great job a few years back too.

Lance will be good for people who are not big hockey fans that say "wow, Lance likes hockey maybe we should."

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Evilo said:
Links have been given plenty of time in the Othe Sports forum.

Oh really, provide links now.
If you call yourself a moderator, you'd have no problem doing what is asked of for others.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I've given plenty of links when the topic at hand was him doping.
Just use the search feature.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad