Lamoriello's message was clear - This is our Defense and nothing will change

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Lou Lamoriello made it real clear and hard that he don't play. During our trade deadline, he made it real clear that this is the defense it stays. We don't need no otha suckas around. We hard already. We got them twerkers and bouncers. Polak - Zaitsev - Rielly - Gardiner - Dermott - Hainsey - Carrick and some otha suckas. We truly are there already. The message was real clear: Now get this: Psycologically it makes us stay hard and strong. We didn't make the same move some other catty tender type teams made: They got some other sucka for them like mcdonagh or like some other fool like shattenkirk last season or like Phaneuf etc. That tells the other d-men already there : That you guys aren't good enough, se we got this d-sucka for y'all. He'll make y'all better. So nah, Lou didn't make that same stupid mistake with us. He told them and showed them: Y'all is the D. Y'all is ready and y'all don't need no otha suckas. So y'all ain't getting none. Stay out. Y'all IS THE D. You will win it for us. Do it.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Lou Lamoriello made it real clear and hard that he don't play. During our trade deadline, he made it real clear that this is the defense it stays. We don't need no otha suckas around. We hard already. We got them twerkers and bouncers. Polak - Zaitsev - Rielly - Gardiner - Dermott - Hainsey - Carrick and some otha suckas. We truly are there already. The message was real clear: Now get this: Psycologically it makes us stay hard and strong. We didn't make the same move some other catty tender type teams made: They got some other sucka for them like mcdonagh or like some other fool like shattenkirk last season or like Phaneuf etc. That tells the other d-men already there : That you guys aren't good enough, se we got this d-sucka for y'all. He'll make y'all better. So nah, Lou didn't make that same stupid mistake with us. He told them and showed them: Y'all is the D. Y'all is ready and y'all don't need no otha suckas. So y'all ain't getting none. Stay out. Y'all IS THE D. You will win it for us. Do it.
TL&S
DR

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010

I tried to read this, I really did. But I honestly have no clue what point you are trying to make.

Woll Smoth

Mar 17, 2010
Mississauga
For those who didn't understand the point I broke it down as best as I could:

Lou Lamoriello made it real clear and hard that he don't play. During our trade deadline, he made it real clear that this is the defense it stays. We don't need no otha suckas around. We hard already. We got them twerkers and bouncers. Polak - Zaitsev - Rielly - Gardiner - Dermott - Hainsey - Carrick and some otha suckas. We truly are there already. The message was real clear: Now get this: Psycologically it makes us stay hard and strong. We didn't make the same move some other catty tender type teams made: They got some other sucka for them like mcdonagh or like some other fool like shattenkirk last season or like Phaneuf etc. That tells the other d-men already there : That you guys aren't good enough, se we got this d-sucka for y'all. He'll make y'all better. So nah, Lou didn't makethat same stupid mistake with us. He told them and showed them: Y'all is the D. Y'all is ready and y'all don't need no otha suckas. So y'all ain't getting none. Stay out. Y'all IS THE D. You will win it for us. Do it.

Reactions: al secord

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017
For those who didn't understand the point I broke it down as best as I could:

Lou Lamoriello made it real clear and hard that he don't play. During our trade deadline, he made it real clear that this is the defense it stays. We don't need no otha suckas around. We hard already. We got them twerkers and bouncers. Polak - Zaitsev - Rielly - Gardiner - Dermott - Hainsey - Carrick and some otha suckas. We truly are there already. The message was real clear: Now get this: Psycologically it makes us stay hard and strong. We didn't make the same move some other catty tender type teams made: They got some other sucka for them like mcdonagh or like some other fool like shattenkirk last season or like Phaneuf etc. That tells the other d-men already there : That you guys aren't good enough, se we got this d-sucka for y'all. He'll make y'all better. So nah, Lou didn't makethat same stupid mistake with us. He told them and showed them: Y'all is the D. Y'all is ready and y'all don't need no otha suckas. So y'all ain't getting none. Stay out. Y'all IS THE D. You will win it for us. Do it.

Thanks that really cleared it up for us:huh:

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Why is there any surprise? The Leafs couldn't trade their way to greatness at TDL. Does anybody really think that if they got McDonagh it would really helped that Leafs THAT this year and next, especially if it had to match the package that Tampa paid.
Leafs are just going to be like other teams....improvement within., and in the Leafs case, thinking the improvement will lead to greater on ice success in 2020 and beyond.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
Exactly lou was sending a message to the league. He was putting every other team on notice that his defense was his defense. Clearly this message was heard by each and every team in the nhl.

StatsNightHeroes

Jan 15, 2016
This is worse to read than the terrible trade proposals on the main board. You made more sense with the thread title than the whole OP. Next time put suckas in the title so I know not to open the thread.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Or maybe there was no deal to be had without gutting the forward core..?

If you really think they didn't try to improve the defensive core at the deadline then idk man

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
OP - Lou provided a vote of confidence to his blueline, that they were his guys.

Me (quietly, from behind the couch) - ....... he tried hard to get McDonaugh. It's public knowledge.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Also I've said it multiple times on this board, people need to be really careful about the racial microagressions and appropriations. It's offensive to those of colour (like myself) on this board.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
He made it clear that this is our group until the off season. He made it clear the cost of upgrading was not worth it to us right now.

That's about it.

ITM

As Long As It Takes
Jan 26, 2012
Viva, Senor Martinez!

A true Leafs fan with an uncanny knack of bringing levity just when it’s needed.

Reactions: al secord

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
I don't know what you're saying Senor, but I support your right to say it. Preach on brutha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->