Trade: [LAL/CLE] Jordan Clarkson and Larry Nance for Cavs 2018 1st, Channing Frye, and Isaiah Thomas

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Good trade for both. Thomas wasn't a fit and Cavs got better with this trade.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
boom

excellent trade for both teams. lakers clear up more cap space for the offseason AND get a 1st rounder in return while the cavs add some scoring off the bench and athleticism

i'm guessing the lakers won't be bringing IT back next season so i'm wondering if there's the possibility of a sign and trade with some team that really wants to give something up for him. IT should not be starting until he's fully healthy. it's obvious he's still dealing with something so having him come off the bench once lonzo gets back would be best i'd say

won't really miss clarkson but i will miss nance. guy fit in very well as a role player and is fun to watch. this also means the lakers are all in on randle

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Cleveland didn't have to trade Irving. But he made it clear he wasn't sticking around post-LeBron. Or even with LeBron still in the picture.

I think the Brooklyn pick + an injured Thomas is about as good as they were going to get. Unfortunately, as I stated earlier, Brooklyn isn't as bad as last season.

Speaking of Brooklyn and bad...Jalil Okafor...Woof

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
The bigger problem is them trading Kyrie in the first place

Cleveland didn't have to trade Irving. But he made it clear he wasn't sticking around post-LeBron. Or even with LeBron still in the picture.

They should have kept him for this season. Should have said suck it up, were not trading you, next summer either LeBron leaves and you take over or he stays and the year after you can leave in free agency. I doubt Kyrie would have sat out the year.

The Cavs have a camaraderie?

They did, with the guys from the champ team/last years team. But as soon as LeBrons best bud D Wade showed up things changed.

Apr 28, 2010
They should have kept him for this season. Should have said suck it up, were not trading you, next summer either LeBron leaves and you take over or he stays and the year after you can leave in free agency. I doubt Kyrie would have sat out the year.

That would've just caused drama. Kyrie also threatened to have a knee surgery if they don't trade him.

Kyrie demanded to go. Noth much Cavs can do there. What they should've done is get a better return.

Agreed. This is where they messed up.

As for the trade, I really like this deal for the Cavs. Better to have young role players than vets at this point.

Apr 28, 2010
That's just a rumor. Kyrie's knee seems to be fine this year and I'd like to think he isn't a selfish a-hole who'd put himself above the team but then again who knows.

Guess he really made himself clear that he wanted out. Nothing the management could do about that. They had to deal him but failed to get the best return. Cavs still have Brooklyn's pick though so this trade is not a total loss just yet.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Doubt it. Theres a huge cap crunch coming this summer, after 2 years of increases its going to stagnate/increase by just a few million. Very bad year for free agents.

Nets finally have responsible management, can't see them handing out a contract that stupid. I don't see IT getting more than 20 million tbh.

Even if he goes to Thomas from Boston player again? It's not like he'd criple their cap.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Even if he goes to Thomas from Boston player again? It's not like he'd criple their cap.
That doesn't seem possible to me. He's coming off a serious injury and Stevens created an offense around him. Doubt he gets anywhere near last year's performance again. And his defense is so bad that I'd be afraid to pay him anything close to the max.

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
That's basically what he did by demanding a trade, though. Lol.

Depends, in his defence he just wanted to be the main guy again. He didn't like how LeBron called him his son or little bro, he wanted to be alpha dog, which I get because he won a championship, so now there isn't a huge need to be on a top team (obviously it worked out that way).

Thats a big IF. Last years looking like his peak and at this point his best bet would be to take a one year deal to rebuild his value. Is someone really gonna invest 25-20 million a year in him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad