Confirmed Trade: [LAK/TBL] Peter Budaj for Andy Andreoff

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Andreoff was actually a real exciting fighter in the AHL but has generally looked like trash fighting at the NHL level.

Westgarth was similar. Some pretty gnarly fights in the AHL but a punching bag in the NHL.

Reactions: Reaper45

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Condra was down there this year too. I guess TB doesn't mind paying guys NHL money down there.

It's a hard cap league, and Quick is the #1 guy unless injured.

which happens enough to keep me worried throughout the season

Kings are a team that need a Bernier / Greiss / R. Miller / Kuemper etc etc etc type of backup; a goalie that can do some 1A when needed

not guys like Campbell / Budaj / Zatkoff - players that shake and wobble and make every save seem mammoth mostly due to their own anxieties

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
We should've made this move a month ago, we would've won the Cup with Andreoff, just the type of player we lacked against Washington.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
which happens enough to keep me worried throughout the season

Kings are a team that need a Bernier / Greiss / R. Miller / Kuemper etc etc etc type of backup; a goalie that can do some 1A when needed

not guys like Campbell / Budaj / Zatkoff - players that shake and wobble and make every save seem mammoth mostly due to their own anxieties

I guess you didn't like the fact that he was undefeated in regulation in his 4 NHL starts with us or his .924 save pct. I'll take that for a new kid any day. Give him some time to get the league under his feet. Kid was a 1st round draft pick for a reason. He just needs to prove it all season. Kings staff are confident in his abilities, and the move didn't happen last year without Ranford's blessing.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Andreoff brings a sandpaper game of the lightest grain, and VERY little else, glad the Kings are moving on from him

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
I guess you didn't like the fact that he was undefeated in regulation in his 4 NHL starts with us or his .924 save pct. I'll take that for a new kid any day. Give him some time to get the league under his feet. Kid was a 1st round draft pick for a reason. He just needs to prove it all season. Kings staff are confident in his abilities, and the move didn't happen last year without Ranford's blessing.

yea 4 games isn't enough
and he was shaky in one and a half of those four games, also, Kings D is tight af

ill reiterate, i wouldn't go into a season, knowing Quick's history with injuries, with a goalie that has a total of 7 games worth of experience at the NHL level

that's just me
some are really into this kind of thing i respect it, i just wouldn't do that, that's all

jcbeze

Dec 27, 2005
Hilarious that Cal Peterson chose LA over Buffalo.

Hilarious for Cal, that is.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I don't think Andreoff winds up on our NHL roster. This is just us giving Budaj back to a team where he had some success, and clearing the way for Domingue to take over the back-up job. Yzerman probably said, "What'll you give us?" and then said "yes" before he got an answer.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
I don't think Andreoff winds up on our NHL roster. This is just us giving Budaj back to a team where he had some success, and clearing the way for Domingue to take over the back-up job. Yzerman probably said, "What'll you give us?" and then said "yes" before he got an answer.

Yeah, and it’s also not a bad idea to bring a guy like that to camp just so somebody like Erne doesn’t think he has a guaranteed roster spot. He can serve as the bar our prospects have to clear to make the team, and then we can send him to Syracuse to be a veteran presence there with Condra unlikely to return. So we do right by Budaj, save a little money, and if nothing else get a plug with NHL experience who can serve as an injury call-up in a pinch.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Syracuse always seems to have a tough guy, while having one in TB is pretty rare.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Syracuse always seems to have a tough guy, while having one in TB is pretty rare.

That’s why I’m hoping Erne can show enough to stick around. The kid has a mean streak that is sorely lacking on our roster. If he can bring that on a consistent basis, avoid injuries (which unfortunately he hasn’t been able to do thus far in his career), and score the occasional dirty goal in front of the net he could be a welcome addition to our bottom six.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
That’s why I’m hoping Erne can show enough to stick around. The kid has a mean streak that is sorely lacking on our roster. If he can bring that on a consistent basis, avoid injuries (which unfortunately he hasn’t been able to do thus far in his career), and score the occasional dirty goal in front of the net he could be a welcome addition to our bottom six.

At 18, that kid looked like a sure-fire NHLer. Reports came out way later that management actually gave some legit thought to putting him on the team that year, a year where there was a log-jam.

Strange case. I'm on the fence with whether or not I have any hope left for him. He did a lot of good things last year, but couldn't seem to turn those good things into results. At least not the kind of results that keep a kid in the NHL.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
At 18, that kid looked like a sure-fire NHLer. Reports came out way later that management actually gave some legit thought to putting him on the team that year, a year where there was a log-jam.

Strange case. I'm on the fence with whether or not I have any hope left for him. He did a lot of good things last year, but couldn't seem to turn those good things into results. At least not the kind of results that keep a kid in the NHL.

Yeah, I think this is pretty much his last chance as far as the Lightning are concerned.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

I just want to see him get a chance. We still havent done this with Koekkoek but its a little harder to trust an inexperienced D than a forward. Even then we put Sustr out there over him. Then again we gave Point and Cirelli a solid chance. I think with a stacked team like Tampa you have to make your case early and often. Those guys did. Erne and Koekkoek have left us with more to desire.

steveayres35

Apr 27, 2018

(Budaj vs. Campbell) for the Kings backup spot: This should be an interesting battle. I also don't see Petersen as an AHL starter yet. He's fresh out of Notre Dame and he should develop properly unless if he catches on quickly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->