Proposal: LAK-NYI: Sorokin for PLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
One down year, where he still broke above even (moneypuck) and considerably above even (evolving hockey) on models, as well as save percentage and the Islanders are gonna give up on him?

Sorokin has been a better player at his position than PLD at his before this year. And I'm not even sure PLD was better than Sorokin this year either, adjusted for position.

Lou is really old but I don't think he's completely lost his mind. That's what he'd have to be to do this trade.

This may be something to explore if both are bad again next year. And I use bad loosely, as Sorokin wasn't really bad this year. He just wasn't particularly good.

I give it a better chance that Sorokin bounces back next year than PLD. Just a gut feeling.

The Kings probably wish Lou would accept this deal.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Blake get on the horn and get Lou to do this. Save your job in the process.
Contracts are similar enough to work with small adjustments.
Both players are in the respective doghouses. Make a hockey trade.

There is no chance that Sorokin should be traded in a hockey trade.

The roster in NYI is not good enough to make a run of any kind without being dragged along by a generational Sorokin carry job.

You put PLD on that roster and you see meh. I don't see any kind of path to success.

You could argue that NYI should tear it down and rebuild. But if they're trying to compete, it'll be with Sorokin
for reasons cited, OP's above deal has zero chance

that said, there is a way for Isles to add quality G and cap dump PLD,
BUT
it will cost

and in order to go there, per rules, we need a dif thread b'c this one is not general but specific to these players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad