Confirmed Signing with Link: [LAK] Michael Laata (1 year)

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Curious as to how much, but I wouldn't expect more than $700 or $800K.

Scrappy 4th line C/RW. Not a great skater, but plays hard and is willing to drop the gloves. Needs to improve on the faceoff circle if he wants to be an every day 4C.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Enh, another Trent Hunter/Ethan Moreau type signing who won't be on the big-league roster come playoff time. No biggie.

He's more or less a 4th line/depth signing to replace Jordan Nolan's role in the lineup. After having back surgery, not sure if Nolan will be ready to start the season.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I'm fine with this. If he contributes, awesome. If he sits, it's cheaper than a rookie. Between Latta and Gilbert, I finally think the Kings are ready to compete again.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
I thought Latta was a pretty impressive fourth liner for the Caps. Surprised he didn't garner more interest.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I thought Latta was a pretty impressive fourth liner for the Caps. Surprised he didn't garner more interest.

well he barely played last year and wasant that great. very serviceable but he wont put up a lot of points but has great heart

rajuabju

The One & Only
Dec 30, 2006
Los Angeles
Maybe we can compete for a top 10 draft pick now.

Exactly.

Unless 2 out of 3 of Gravel, Forbot or McNabb suddenly become reliable D for us, and both Kempe and Mersch are ready to make offensive contributions in our top9 next year, I dont see us as a playoff team right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad