Recalled/Assigned: Laine placed on IR, Julian Melchiori recalled

Status
Not open for further replies.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Is there any reason to not put a player on IR if you know he's going to be out for seven+ days? You do get a healthy player in to the roster and there's the cap benefit too (probably meaningless in this case though).

There's no cap benefit to placing a player on IR, only LTIR, and even that only allows you to exceed the cap by the player's salary so it only comes into effect if you're at or near the cap. This is my basic understanding of it - our resident CBA expert Holden probably has more details than this.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
There's no cap benefit to placing a player on IR, only LTIR, and even that only allows you to exceed the cap by the player's salary so it only comes into effect if you're at or near the cap. This is my basic understanding of it - our resident CBA expert Holden probably has more details than this.

Oh damn, I forgot there was the LTIR. And didn't really thing there are cap considerations in the team. Though, does Ehlers have bonuses agreed on his ELC? He'd hit some if there was.

edit: CapFriendly has Ehlers at $650.000 for performance bonuses this season.

Calendal

May 16, 2016
London, England
Is there any reason to not put a player on IR if you know he's going to be out for seven+ days? You do get a healthy player in to the roster and there's the cap benefit too (probably meaningless in this case though).

There is no benefit calling up a player until you need to do so.. would just hurt Moose I guess.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
There is no benefit calling up a player until you need to do so.. would just hurt Moose I guess.

That's a good reason. In that case it doesn't really matter when you put the injured player on IR as you can do it retroactively when you need to.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Melchiori is better than chiarot and Stuart. Hopefully he gets a legit shot.

He's not. Stu actually might be better than all 3 of Chiarot, Melchiori and Strait, atleast at 5v5. :help: It takes special talent to have not 1, not 2 but 3 d-men worse than Mark Stuart this high on your NHL depth chart, it almost seems like trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad